Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: True ram used

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    That's to be expected, though. That falls under the heavy multitasking provisions above.
    just cause dennis is old doesn't mean he can't multitask.

who else do you think keeps the internet running?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    just cause dennis is old doesn't mean he can't multitask.
    That's why I made it a provision in absence of having an actual usage scenario to base my reply on. Without that, it's sorta like asking how much gas you need to drive an indeterminate distance in an unspecified vehicle. D:

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    who else do you think keeps the internet running?
    I did, back when I was still employed.

3. Default

ROFL, Thx Aco

At most any given time I have 6 - SIX- boxes surrounding me that are all networked through a new Cisco E3000 router with a new Cisco 8 port switch with more in the shelf if I need it so I'd say that I "might" qualify for one of those ppl that keep the internet running :P

PS- That's just half of what I have available that's pretty much up to date.

EXTREME 50 FTW !!!

http://www.comcast.com/About/PressRe....ashx?PRID=814
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    ROFL, Thx Aco

At most any given time I have 6 - SIX- boxes surrounding me that are all networked through a new Cisco E3000 router with a new Cisco 8 port switch with more in the shelf if I need it so I'd say that I "might" qualify for one of those ppl that keep the internet running :P

EXTREME 50 FTW !!!

http://www.comcast.com/About/PressRe....ashx?PRID=814
    I only have performance , it does me good for the most part as usually I get perfomance plus

I choose austin beacuse thats where hacks is based

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

ROFL, Thx Aco

You don't have to hide behind fancy names. We all know that they have Linksys trivialities under the hood. :>

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    You don't have to hide behind fancy names. We all know that they have Linksys trivialities under the hood. :>

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

7. Default

A general rule of thumb is if your using 40% of your RAM just at normal/idle conditions you need double the memory.
    I Plan on buying me more RAM specifically Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6GB (3 x 2GB)
    just cause I want a little more bling to my case
    And probably 2 1TB of SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0

Read many good things about theses hard drive's performances

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    A general rule of thumb is if your using 40% of your RAM just at normal/idle conditions you need double the memory.
    I Plan on buying me more RAM specifically Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6GB (3 x 2GB)
    just cause I want a little more bling to my case
    And probably 2 1TB of SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0

Read many good things about theses hard drive's performances
    Those look pretty good Mag, but I run these in Raid 0 and I have had NO probs and run great!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-563-_-Product

Before you say, "But the Samsungs have more storage space" - I run 4 HD's in most boxes and use them for the storage I need while using the Raptors for the OS etc.

Check the search time as it's fast and the 10k walks the dog

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

9. Default

id rather have a 1 1tb 7200 then 4 300gb 10k drives
    10k just isnt much faster, and raid 0 just makes me uncomfortable, one dive and boom

just get a SSD and a HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

10. Default

Those look pretty good Mag, but I run these in Raid 0 and I have had NO probs and run great!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-563-_-Product

Before you say, "But the Samsungs have more storage space" - I run 4 HD's in most boxes and use them for the storage I need while using the Raptors for the OS etc.

Check the search time as it's fast and the 10k walks the dog
    I know Raptor drives are faster but i cant see to spent that much for 300gb but these samsungs do a surprising good job at keeping up with the Raptor drives at only 7200 rpms

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    id rather have a 1 1tb 7200 then 4 300gb 10k drives
    10k just isnt much faster, and raid 0 just makes me uncomfortable, one dive and boom

just get a SSD and a HDD
    I know thats why i think im going with these saw some pretty impressive specs on Tomshardware

This is average read speeds
    Attached Images