Thread: Musical Quotes

Default Musical Quotes

dont judge, leave that out side this thread.

i have been listening to some music lately that i cant explain in words.
    so i looked up some quotes that expressed what i was trying to say all along.
    im interested in what most people think about music for my own personal studies. (me being a muscian) what do people expect, look for, and want, when it comes to music. here is a quote that i thought explained music to the tee in only one sentence.

for example

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

so what im trying to say is for all those songs that literally moved you what quotes best describe that and what might you want to discuss about music.

"Even an instrument is its own lyricist."
    ~Mike Poucki~

p.s. im aware there is a "music" thread.. but it is for fav music and not a disscusion about MUSIC and what it means to diffrent people.

figures...

Quotes arnt lyrics.

this isnt a thread about lyrics from music, its a discussion about mechanisms and musical theory per say.

where you got the idea of lyrics is beyond me, assuming your brain only comprehend music as lyrics and instruments. but i want to believe Maynard, you are far beyond that.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    figures...

Quotes arnt lyrics.

this isnt a thread about lyrics from music, its a discussion about mechanisms and musical theory per say.

where you got the idea of lyrics is beyond me, assuming your brain only comprehend music as lyrics and instruments. but i want to believe Maynard, you are far beyond that.
    it took you 5 minutes 2 type that? Lawl...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    it took you 5 minutes 2 type that? Lawl...
    it took me 10 min to come upstairs to my computer from watching tv and read it then respond.

dont troll, you are above that.

5. Default

not trolling, was pointing out we have multiple music discussion threads...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    not trolling, was pointing out we have multiple music discussion threads...
    did you read the origianl post?
    im pretty sure i made it very clear that i knew there are other threads out there. but none of them are specifically about "music" as a whole.

its either about your fav genre or fav lyric, nothing about what i asked in the original post of this thread.

for me to of gone back and posted what i started this thread with in another thread.. would have been considered "off topic"

Edit: so if you dont want to add something relevant, dont post. with all due respect.

7. Default

what i look for in music is entertainment. i on't care if it's incredibly technical, or if the guitarist is only so-so. if i listen to it, an enjoy it, then it's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    what do people expect, look for, and want, when it comes to music.
    I like music that has deep emotion in it. Where the listener decides what the music is about. Like this for instance. I really like music with no lyrics. All instrumental.

For example. How this guy interpreted this song by Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Or how this guy did with this song.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    I like music that has deep emotion in it. Where the listener decides what the music is about. Like this for instance. I really like music with no lyrics. All instrumental.

For example. How this guy interpreted this song by Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Or how this guy did with this song.

niceee yea shit like that for sure, exspecially when it has piano, cello or violin in it.