Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons not to use a shotgun during a zombie invasion

1. Default

well...im sure its no that hard to figuer it out..but that is a good topic...lol..

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    If the government took action fast enough, why would you need a nuke? Fuel air bomb would do the job just as well, especially because of their ability to blow up things deep into the ground (basements, bunkers, etc. provided the gas the bomb spreads can get to it)

As for tanks, besides just acquiring one, how many of us actually know how to drive one?
    Haven't you played HALO? Its just like driving a scorpion tank.
    -MBP

3. Default

Ever watch RvB?
    http://assets.roosterteethstore.com/...sheila_BIG.jpg
    "Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?" lol
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    If the government took action fast enough, why would you need a nuke? Fuel air bomb would do the job just as well, especially because of their ability to blow up things deep into the ground (basements, bunkers, etc. provided the gas the bomb spreads can get to it)

As for tanks, besides just acquiring one, how many of us actually know how to drive one?
    Its not like if you fuck up and hit something you're gonna get busted.

"Oh shit, here come the zombie police!"

"Ahhhhh.... This is the pooooooooooohhhhhhlice....Pull ohhhhhhhhver.....Brains......."

5. Default

yeah, unless you drive it off a cliff or something I guess lol
    *pictures the scene in The Last Crusade when Indiana Jones narrowly escapes flying off a cliff in a tank*

check out this site, part about combat damage was pretty interesting.
    http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/M1-Abrams
    Didn't bother to check any facts, looks ok though.
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

6. Default

I wouldn't bother with a fancy sword or even a shotgun when surviving in a Zombie apocalypse.

A machete is more utilitarian to hack off heads and what not, so you wouldn't need a Katana or whatever unless the zombies somehow learn to sword fight.

As far as firearms, a P226 pistol (4 would be better, two hip, two thigh) and an M24 sniper rifle would probably be a good idea, so you can salvage ammo from police departments and military armories alike. In both cases, most NATO nations will have the ammo as do most US police departments (even small towns).

Learning to hotwire/repair a Honda Civic (hybrid if you want long distance travel with less pit stops). There are tons of Civics all across the US, easy to maintain and find replacement parts.

Learn to drive a commercial grade truck. Whether your trying to roam an area salvaging non-perishable food, gasoline, ammo, etc. to your base of operations, or ferrying survivors around, you'll need to learn how to use a manual stick, diesel engine tractor trailer. Hell, one of those newer fancy ones could even act as a base of operations if you armor it well. An attached sleeper cab you can slip into without leaving the truck, maybe even open a hole in the back and built a short walkway into the trailer.

Learning basic electronics skills is also probably a good idea. How to run electric lines, copper Ethernet lines or simple R/F setups would all be vital. Go a step further and know how to wire a simple TCP/IP network over copper, or fiber-optics systems if you hold up in a big city.

You're best defense against roaming zombies is keeping detailing information on movements and since you'll hopefully be working together with someone, having a centralized system at home base over radio would be ideal. Ham radio operators could run long range wireless WAN's to send basic information between pockets of survivors.

Creating cache's of usable equipment into certain homes, office buildings, warehouses, etc. with secure layouts would also need to be added into a database and disbursed to other survivors. A standard set of codes should be maintained (spray painted on the outside of the building) so all survivors know how to get into any cache and know what's inside.

More cool ideas can be found in books like The Zombie Survival Guide.

May the smartest brain be the last eaten.

7. Default

Oh, and on the topic of Zombie's swimming, you should never expect a waterway to be strategic unless it's fast moving or hard to cross in some other way. Most locations like this has a prison, like Alcatraz.

San Francisco is probably the easiest city to survive a Zombie apocalypse because of Alcatraz and Angel Island. You can plant crops of Angel (perhaps even use it as a summer home), live on Alcatraz (or use it as a winter home) and salvage supplies from the area surrounding. You could save on fuel by using sailboats.

The currents around Alcatraz would make it impossible for zombies to swim/walk to it, since they'd be pulled out to sea at low tide or pushed back to shore in high tide.

I, unfortunately, live on the other side of the country, so I'll probably be barricading myself into a high rise or trying to find a similar spot on the east coast. Only place I can think of over here would be up towards Canada, like the Saint Lawrence River.

Anyone know of an island with turbulent waterways around it on the east coast?

8. Default

How about the island from papyon? Also a sword is longer and thus you are a bit safer using it. It is also balanced for combat making it easier to strike multiple attacks without getting as tired.

As for the sword breaking it is a start that uses your entire body weight and the force of your momentum combined with the force of your arm to create the most powerful strike that is physically possible. Anything but the best swords snap instant when preformed correctly. I worry that two full length swords might not have enough power to do the damage needed. Also it would be wise to use desheathing techniques to speed up the sword and to reduce your work so you can keep attacking for longer. These strats would pwn shawn of the dead zombies. lol

9. Default

Just use the one on the far left.
    -MBP

10. Default

Didn't the currents from the island in Papyon come in toward the island making it nearly impossible to escape? I haven't seen the movie in a while and wasn't entirely paying attention when I did (it was on tv).

As far melee weapons wouldn't something like a shovel be more useful? You don't really have to worry about technique, it can be easily replaced, and you can use it to dig as well as smack zombie is the head with. Granted, it might not be the fastest weapon in CQC but I think in most of our cases it would probably end up being the most effective.