Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Better GG ranking idea

1. Question Better GG ranking idea

I have been thinking of trying to change the way psychostats calculates gg ranks. Right now it basically looks just at the levels exchanged and the wins. I think this is flawed b/c not all levels are equal and it does not properly account for late joins or people who skip levels by joining late. Instead I would like to suggest a new ranking system here to gauge how you all feel about it. Note that this is a WIP and my goal is only to try to make the rankings as good as possible.

Suggested New Ranking Feature List:
    Kill Based: Rank is calculated based off kills rather than levels (this will make it more like the pub and zm in this respect)
    Level Balanced: As rank is calculated based of kills the points awarded will be like the other servers in that it takes into account the rank of who you killed. However the points awarded will be balanced level wise based on weapon. In that the points you get will be relative to the level of that weapon so that you get more points for a glock kill than an awp kill and more points for an mp5 kill than a scout. The advantage of this is that players who skip levels by joining late will not receive any points as they do now as a result of gaining levels quickly. This also makes a difference between a player who gained levels from easy vs hard weapons.

Win Balanced: Just like now wins will still grant bonus points to your rank and so the value of a win will not change.

Lost Levels: Loss of levels can be accounted by removing points from a player that kills themselves and by ensuring that the knifes also properly alter points.
    Possible problems I can think of is that the warmup round could effect the rankings using this system. Especially if lost levels are done using the system stated above. This could be countered by just detecting a level down event for a player and giving a negative bonus for it. However this would not change the fact that the actual kills occurring during warmups would effect ranking but would remove the "negative" effects of it.

So what do you all think?

For one moving to a new system would allow me to use the updated version of PS like the pub and ZM use which would prevent users from losing their rank from the rank glitch. By allocating rank at the kill event rather than level up event I can account for the idea that all levels are not equal. In that going from level 1 to level 2 should not be the same as going from level 13 to level 14.

2. Default

value scout, mac10, and ump higher
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    value scout, mac10, and ump higher
    well seeing as how most of those weapons are pretty easy to get off for me at least i say that there should be no difference in points gained/lost for one weapon over another. its gg and no weapon should be valued over another in this mod as per the ranking system. wins should count for more tho. i personally have no problems with the current ranking sytem and gg and it should stay the way it is

4. Default

Rank should just be abolished all together.

Stupid arbitrary number for nerds to value their time on CS:S. News flash: the entire point of playing is for entertainment purposes, not for you to be duh best GG player evar.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Rank should just be abolished all together.

Stupid arbitrary number for nerds to value their time on CS:S. News flash: the entire point of playing is for entertainment purposes, not for you to be duh best GG player evar.
    yourrrrrr just maddddddddddd that im rank higher then youuuu.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

6. Default

Just as long as wins have fuck all to do with it, it should be based around damage done and how many people you've killed, any moron can win if they join late and get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Just as long as wins have fuck all to do with it, it should be based around damage done and how many people you've killed, any moron can win if they join late and get lucky.

no they cant. you have to have at least some skill to win a game, regardless of what level you start at

8. Default

I concur that the system needs to be readdressed. The idea of specific points for specific guns is a good one provided it's done on a descending scale of the guns used during GG as the problem of the INTENTIONAL late joiners has been abused WAY too much anyway!

The points for winning is fine as it is as long as the late joiners is implicated in the equation. Also, anyone that leaves and rejoins should get their score/rank readjusted to zero and start from the beginning.(for that map only) (Ya ya ya, I can hear it now...."But I get kicked due to my ping, x, y z, etc) that's the way it goes, MOST people do not get kicked and the scoring system should be geared toward the general public and not the few that have a bad IP)

Loss of levels needs not be addressed if one kills themselves as if they are that ignorant of the dynamics of the game then they deserve to lose rank!

Which brings us to the warmup round *sigh* I've been trying for MONTHS to try and help people understand that is just what it is,,, a non inclusive part of the game TOTALLY unrelated to the ranking system "UNTIL" someone decides to slay for the team kill (usually an accident) but when enacted at the point in time where in registers in the actual game it does in fact affect the psycho stats game tracking.
    SO, if there is anyway in hell that the warm-up part of the game can be excluded totally from the maps, this would resolve a TON of issues with not only the players, but also the admins that are trying diligently to make people aware to quit the slay for team mates on a warm up!

So to wrap it up, I think that a new system is more than in order here, it's pretty much a "Need to happen" scenario to get us out of the dinasaur age on GG...

Thanks Z for bringing up what I have been looking for that seems like years but is probably more like several months.

Please make it happen!

Over + Out

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

9. Default

Possibly dumb question: can it be linked to the statistics system displayed online? If so, the skill ranking system seems to be a good measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    Possibly dumb question: can it be linked to the statistics system displayed online? If so, the skill ranking system seems to be a good measuring stick.
    what exactly are you asking?