Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: server quality

1. Default

GG server has some issues that needs to be addressed. It's not so much that people aren't noticing the issues, it's just that everyone has adapted to deal with what's going on. We shouldn't have to adapt to the issues with the GG server, there are too many active paying members of IBIS for this to have gone on for so long.

Pub is fine, ZM seems to be fine, and the status of WCS is just pitiful.

2. Default

I will say this the amount of regulars that used to play GG have definate moved on. Im tired of still getting kicked for not having a reserved slot. so Ill play one or to games and go fuck it Ill just play something else and move onto the many new games that are out this holiday season.

The real question is why is engine.dll is failling other servers dont seem to have that much of an issue as ibis does. So there has to be something where overlooking that makes the Engine unstable.

3. Default

I have just done a major update on all servers. This should fix problems like the reserved slot issue along with lag and crashes.

4. Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have just done a major update on all servers. This should fix problems like the reserved slot issue along with lag and crashes.
    It still kicks for not having reserved slot, btw, so..

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    It still kicks for not having reserved slot, btw, so..
    ...that's the point.

unless you're talking about each map change. in that case, zero, have the bots spawn 30 sec into the round. there, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Yes, Whats the point of fake clients? i looked into that all it does is eat up slots why do you have fake clients? Also theirs still horrible maps and the reserved slot is caused by that and also psycho stats panics out sometimes my rank dropped way below for using a shotgun. And also your reserved slot&playing a round twice got my deaths higher too.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    - Jeff Cooper

yea the slays for late joining people at the begining of a map is getting really old too. although it doesnt happen to me because i have reserved slot, i can feel for the 10 or so people who dont get to play the first round because they "played the round twice" ....needs to be fixed

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mcilwain View Post
    Yes, Whats the point of fake clients? i looked into that all it does is eat up slots why do you have fake clients? Also theirs still horrible maps and the reserved slot is caused by that and also psycho stats panics out sometimes my rank dropped way below for using a shotgun. And also your reserved slot&playing a round twice got my deaths higher too.
    :cry cry:

the bots make the server look populated. keeps people in there. they get kicked as others join. unfortunately, the way that it's working now, they're there immediately upon map start, even before people connect. BUT, the auto-kick for them doesn't activate until several seconds in, so people get refuse for server being full.

also, shotties have very low weight for stats. using a shotty won't o much for your stats. same w/ para/p90. if you want your stats to increase, mp5 is your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    :cry cry:

the bots make the server look populated. keeps people in there. they get kicked as others join. unfortunately, the way that it's working now, they're there immediately upon map start, even before people connect. BUT, the auto-kick for them doesn't activate until several seconds in, so people get refuse for server being full.

also, shotties have very low weight for stats. using a shotty won't o much for your stats. same w/ para/p90. if you want your stats to increase, mp5 is your best bet.
    Will look at the code and see what is going wrong when I get a chance.