Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: server quality

Default server quality

i know this has been brought up before, but its the number of times the servers crash or lag out are ridiculous. gungame is the worst, on a normal 2 hour or so session it probably crashes about 2 or 3 times. zm is slighly better and from the small amount i play the pub server i really cant tell. wether it be by ddos, randomness, or due to the fact that the server has so many mods that one of them may be causing this without our knowledge. all in all i think something needs to be done because my no other server i play on crashes this often. thanks

2. Default

In the case of the gg server, is there any maps that seem to always make it crash or lag? Such maps may need to be removed.

3. Default

no

it crashes going to anything such as deagle all the way to off the wall new maps such as flower... its just kinda random and u never know when its going to happen. Sometimes it is more noticable if an admin makes the map change, but even that is inconsistant in getting it to crash. But more times than not it is caused by an admin changing the map. Hell the other day it crashed going to texture jungle.

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

4. Default

For the gg server I have not seen it make dump files for more than twice a day. In each of these cases it is due to engine.dll crashes that trace to valve as the cause. I can not do anything if the engine crashes. If it was being caused by say sourcemod.dll then I could do something as that would indicate that a plugin is causing it to crash.

5. Default

Well ZERO is there a way to detect the "type" of crash so can get to the bottom of it for you?

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

6. Default

Maybe you overloaded the server with too much useless crap and now its coming back to bite you in the rear.

7. Default

Once again STFU

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Maybe you overloaded the server with too much useless crap and now its coming back to bite you in the rear.
    besides the gore mode, whats been added to the server in the past half-year?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

9. Default

tentoes kiss my ass

nothing really but the goremod is fucking up with the knife mod and causing the missing weapons glitch plus it creates lag for people with normal computers and a diecent connection

also it cant be helping the server any in its current condition and is probably more than a little bit responsibile for its current crashes.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    nothing really but the goremod is fucking up with the knife mod and causing the missing weapons glitch plus it creates lag for people with normal computers and a diecent connection
    literally, the weapon dissappearing thing happens in DoD:S, TF2, and CSS

it's an engine thing
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?