Thread: US Government Begins Global Internet Censorship Without Court Orders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow US Government Begins Global Internet Censorship Without Court Orders

US Government Begins Global Internet Censorship Without Court Orders

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...-search_engine

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_7_0_t&usg=AFQjCNFaTG1n_i2E-gV-mZzGM60oJ_KkDA&cid=17593823089267&ei=q9vxTNiVC5XcM _PLyYwC&rt=MORE_COVERAGE&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2 F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052748704 693104575639692746020382.html%3Fmod%3Dgooglenews_w sj

Apparently the US Gov can remove any website off the internet it wants for any reason without a court order. I wonder how long before they can come into my home and take things with no court order and without even saying what law I have broken.

While these sites may have been breaking some laws it is important to note that the Government even said that it did not remove the sites for violating any particular law. In other words the Gov is removing anything they do not like off the internet.

2. Default

Note that they do claim they were executing court orders but copyright is a procedural law and can not be enforced legally in this way. The claims that there were court orders while there is still been no evidence of any such orders only helps support that the Gov is just making up whatever it wants.

3. Default

yea, I saw this, I dont like it at all, and Im not sure how they could get a court order to do such a thing, hopefully sometime soon the supreme court will do something about it

http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/ne...illegal-sites/
    Last edited by StarsMine; 11-28-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

It's just another example of why ICANN should be an entirely independent organisation, and why, ideally, it should be well outside of the jurisdiction of most Western governments.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

5. Default

This makes me rather furious since much of the music I get are from sources online.

..... it is possible they proclaimed this.. as a scare tactic.. for people like WIKILEAKS who plan on revealing millions of the governments secrets on the internet.. this is a HUGE thing for the goverment and military considering all there plans are revealed if it happens......... Taking in consideration, National Security i see no reason why this Announcement is obscene. The goverment is only out to maintain National Security not get rid of sites that bash.

after reading.. it seems like the goverment is doing what they do with any other unlawful infirgment (kinda like what most do in our severs)

examples "Police confinscate drugs, THEN bring you to court"
    "goverment Seizes any criminal activity as evidence THEN bring you to court"
    "admins ban under suspicion, THEN bring it to our forums"

i see no problem in the government taking action on somthing they can no longer "control" any more. Especially when alot of the stuff is beyond our national boundaries.
    even in the midst of this "dilemma" i think the last thing anyone in our country should be worrying about is internet sites that provide illeagle downloads but more focusing on stuff like the most recent attack on South korea and other world wide conflicts that are far more important then this. the last thing our country needs is more people to detest our goverment for its minor discions when a major one finally comes along.

p.s. seriously if people want to see a movie or listen to a CD .. buy it.. if you can afford the internet.. why cant you afford a movie or CD
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 11-28-2010 at 06:36 AM.