Thread: Controling Fan Speeds

1. Default Controling Fan Speeds

SpeedFan doesn't work anyone since I installed my motherboard drivers..

Anyone know of any alternatives? I've googled it already with no success. MSI Afterburner only controls my GPU fan, and the one making noise is the processor fan, which is constantly running at 100% for whatever reason, when it's at a comfortably freezing temperature in my room right now.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

Should Bios handle that automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Apparently not. My fans are running at 100% constantly, apart from the GPU fan, which I can directly control with MSI Afterburner.

Used to be able to do the same with the other ones, as I said before. But once I installed the drivers, SpeedFan didn't work anymore. I tried uninstalled and reinstalling, figuring the driver change might have caused issues, but no go with that either.

Believe me, I'm not new when it comes to computers, but things like this are beyond me.

I also have Everst installed, which is a monitoring program and might be overriding it, but that wouldn't make sense because I used it before with that installed while the drivers for the motherboard weren't installed.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 12-03-2010 at 08:02 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Apparently not. My fans are running at 100% constantly, apart from the GPU fan, which I can directly control with MSI Afterburner.

Used to be able to do the same with the other ones, as I said before. But once I installed the drivers, SpeedFan didn't work anymore. I tried uninstalled and reinstalling, figuring the driver change might have caused issues, but no go with that either.

Believe me, I'm not new when it comes to computers, but things like this are beyond me.

I also have Everst installed, which is a monitoring program and might be overriding it, but that wouldn't make sense because I used it before with that installed while the drivers for the motherboard weren't installed.
    did you have everst installed before the new drivers were installeed? and secondly is it runing int the background cause taht could be it or just shit drivers. Dont Know....... what you MB?

5. Default

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

I'm gonna try to uninstall Everst and see if that helps.

6. Default

Could always get something like:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811998065

Only issue then is that you don't get speed monitoring. More expensive fan controllers offer a LED/LCD readout of fan speeds.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck