Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The N word.

1. Default

hall, it would be griefing because you' be saying it SPECIFICALLY to annoy the admins because they couldn't ban you for racism. doing something just to cause grief to other players, is called griefing. an you' get a time-out
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

I've always held people who throw around "The N Word" in contempt. As best as I can tell, if an admin warns against such a thing, and is in turn ignored and baited, then the player in question has at least a mute coming. Racism is not a fine line, and in this case I agree with Dennis. The word is offensive, and should be banned from IBIS servers. If you want to be racist, and ignorant of racial tolerance, then you can play somewhere else in my book.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

3. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    I've always held people who throw around "The N Word" in contempt. As best as I can tell, if an admin warns against such a thing, and is in turn ignored and baited, then the player in question has at least a mute coming. Racism is not a fine line, and in this case I agree with Dennis. The word is offensive, and should be banned from IBIS servers. If you want to be racist, and ignorant of racial tolerance, then you can play somewhere else in my book.
    Point is you are here to admin server rules not your own personal beliefs.
    Zero has been very clear on this issue. While I don't like the word either....
    If they aren't directing it at an indivual player or spamming the word and you ban it is technically abuse.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    Point is you are here to admin server rules not your own personal beliefs.
    Zero has been very clear on this issue. While I don't like the word either....
    If they aren't directing it at an indivual player or spamming the word and you ban it is technically abuse.
    I feel as though it falls under respect in our server rules. Use of the word is gravely disrespectful, and almost anyone who uses it is intending it to be so. A warning should be all it takes to get the point across.

5. Default

I feel as though it falls under respect in our server rules. Use of the word is gravely disrespectful, and almost anyone who uses it is intending it to be so. A warning should be all it takes to get the point across.
    Fair enough. All I'm saying is start with a warning, then kick, then a short ban, if they continue move into the day (and week) bans.
    Again Zero has made his position on the issue very clear and like it or not it is his server.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    Fair enough. All I'm saying is start with a warning, then kick, then a short ban, if they continue move into the day (and week) bans.
    Again Zero has made his position on the issue very clear and like it or not it is his server.
    yeah but if they ban i can see that moving onto an abuse tread. which those are fun to get.

7. Default

unless it's directed at a certain person, you can't ban... if it is directed at someone you can, and given they fight the ban, it wont matter cause you were following zero's rules...

there's really nothing more 2 discuss regarding this. it's been brought up many times and the end result is always the same

-Racist jokes and terms are permitted provided you're not directing it at any actual person.

also it only falls under disrespect if you direct it at someone.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-01-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

It's hugely offensive to me, and therefore is disrespectful providing they disregard my warning. It's not a word that people need to use to get a point across, and therefore they shouldn't have an issue with not using it following a warning. Otherwise I'd consider it baiting in addition to disrespect.

9. Default

your personal feelings regarding this rule do not matter. you can't punish ppl for saying racist terms or jokes if they're not directed at any 1. It's a rule made by zero, follow it, or you're abusing, it's quite simple.
    Ibis is a dictatorship. There is no debating zero's rules
    Last edited by maynard; 01-02-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

It's hugely offensive to me, and therefore is disrespectful providing they disregard my warning. It's not a word that people need to use to get a point across, and therefore they shouldn't have an issue with not using it following a warning. Otherwise I'd consider it baiting in addition to disrespect.
    I found the fault in your statement in your first sentence.
    It's hugely offensive to me
    Well you don't own the server Zero does... and here his opinion over rides your own personal beliefs or opinion on the matter.

See the problem with your logic-
    What if I felt a word like "omgbears" (just as an example) was hugely offensive to me and said "I find that word highly offensive and if you continue to use it after my warning your disrespecting me." Would I be ok to ban a player because I personally had a problem with it? Of course not.

In reality when you threaten a player who knows the server rules than he cant say the "N" word (when they know clearly they can if its not directed at a player) you are baiting that player.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your personal feelings regarding this rule do not matter. you can't punish ppl for saying racist terms or jokes if they're not directed at any 1. It's a rule made by zero, follow it, or you're abusing, it's quite simple.
    Ibis is a dictatorship. There is no debating zero's rules
    Well said... this issue has been covered to the point I feel people are just repeating themselves. Clsoing Thread.
    Last edited by Vladninja; 01-02-2011 at 01:46 AM.