Thread: ze_buildingescape

1. Default ze_buildingescape

I've made this new map called ze_buildingescape. I wouldn't say it's great, but hey, I think it's worth giving a try. If you have a suggestion, just post it here.

There are 4 secrets to find. Collect them all!

http://rapidshare.com/files/13763391...scape.bsp.html

Oh, and don't hold back, just say if it sucks.
    Last edited by Baliame; 08-16-2008 at 03:51 AM.

2. Default Thumbs Down.... BUT TRY AGAIN!

I just ran the escape by myself and have to say ... UNIMPRESSED! too short, too simple, and lacking a general theme (think rooftop, think elevator, think canals, etc) ...

Baliame I expected so much more from you Mr. Hungarian! :( don't give up though, try again!

3. Default

Yeah, thought it's a little too short as well. As for simple, I wouldn't say that. And general theme - could you detail it a little more? Thenagain, I've never made a map for zombie mod, I believe I need some sort of point to start out of - if I'm able to fix this up to the point where people like it, I'll be on a good track. If you have any concrete ideas, I'm listening.

I'm going to be away until the 20th, after that, I'll extend the map, and if you give me an idea of what you mean by general theme, I can fix that up.
    Last edited by Baliame; 08-16-2008 at 10:12 PM.

4. Default

By general theme I meant something that has a general focus or point of interest in the map, such as rooftops or canals. Basically something that can be associated with the map. For instance, ze_buildingescape could be a map in which you start out in the basement of a skyscraper and have to escape to the roof where a helicopter is coming to evacuate the survivors. That way, the general theme is the building.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baliame View Post
    I've made this new map called ze_buildingescape. I wouldn't say it's great, but hey, I think it's worth giving a try. If you have a suggestion, just post it here.

There are 4 secrets to find. Collect them all!

http://rapidshare.com/files/13763391...scape.bsp.html

Oh, and don't hold back, just say if it sucks.
    BOO escape maps.

6. Default

@Walter: Ah, I think I get the idea. I'll rearrange the map a little, give it more general theme, let's see if it works for you. New version coming soon.

@Stamp: ...Some of us like them.

7. Default

You might want to start out with regular zm maps first as they are simpler to design than a ze map. This way you can focus more on how to make the detail of a map instead of the actions. Also there is a high demand for more good zm maps that take the classes into account. I should also add that I have a great idea for a zm and ze map. When you get good I can detail them out if you want... otherwise I am planning on posting the idea on the zombie mod website.

I wonder if there is a place for zm mappers to discuss their ideas other than the zomibe mod forums.