View Poll Results: Reduce Handicap on GG?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

13 48.15%
  • NO

10 37.04%
  • Dont know, Dont Care

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reduce GG join handicap (VOTE YES NO)

1. Default Reduce GG join handicap (VOTE YES NO)

Hey,
    just asking for an opinion here...
    i vote that the handicap for joining should be reduced to the lowest level a player has...
    it is REALLY pissing me off when someone would play their best to get off the shitty guns, while someone can join at the end of the game , with a lv 15, put their focus on only 10 guns instead of 24 and win the game...
    not gonna say names of those ppl bcos i like all of them , but u guys know who am talking about that join late and win most games like that, leave and come back at end of other game...
    or noobs joining with a handicap higher than GD players having hard time in game against other gd players...
    also some ppl try to leave and come back to get lv up, and sometimes u cant prove it unless recorded over a few maps...

i vote that if someone wants to play, either start at a new game, or join as the lowest lv...
    that is my motion, please vote... so i can report this outcome to zero if possible... thanks
    PLEASE VOTE REDUCE (to wtvr level u feel fit) OR NOT
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-13-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

I agree. I sometimes join late but never on purpose, and I usually stay on for a while after. If you don't like joining and being at the bottom, then stay in til the next game. Use the first round as a warm-up. The gungame server I used to play on had no handicap whatsoever for joining late, and nobody complained except when everyone would be on pistols and they'd get awped, but if the handicap is simply minimized then that won't be a problem, and joining late won't give an advantage.

+1

I'm all for a complete removal of the handicap, but will settle for a significant reduction.

4. Default

meh, don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

I like the handicap, but if you guys are annoyed by 1 below the mean, fine how bout like 3 below the mean, and call it even

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    I like the handicap, but if you guys are annoyed by 1 below the mean, fine how bout like 3 below the mean, and call it even
    stars .. no negotiating!

NO HANDICAP REDUCTION PERIOD.

if you are good enough to win GG you are good enough to stay in the lead of people joining with a handicap. If you lose.. shitty luck, try again next time.

enough said

7. Default

I'd vote yes simply because it would give the people who bitch and moan about everything one thing less to bitch and moan about. I'm getting tired of joining on levels as low as 3, and hearing certain individuals flare up on their microphones about how I apparently deliberately join late to win games. These complains are voiced only against people who end up winning the games, and those same people invariably win by an even larger margin when joining the game at the start of the map, completely invalidating the tearful complaints lobbed against them.

Those of us who win from a 10 level handicap don't win because we start 15 levels short of you. We win because we can gain 16 levels before you manage to gain even one. That's not going to change no matter which level we join at. It should be obvious to anyone that there's no legitimate advantage, but plenty of legitimate disadvantages to joining with a handicap.
    Last edited by Fluffy Frufflebottoms; 12-14-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

8. Default

Hell no, how else do you think I get off the scout?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

All goes along with what ZERO posted and MY response to this thread !!!

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5269
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Hell no, how else do you think I get off the scout?
    not sucking