Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 002 Human Alliance [0] v1.1.0

1. Default

What, usually the switch in transparency is enough to allow me to notice them, and it gives that weapon draw time a chance to land a couple hits. Either way, I think the transparency should go back the way it was at least when you have a gun out.

2. Default

I agree with you pass, while I don't see it as a big of a deal as some others, it definitely should go back to the previous level of invisibility. The other tweaks I think are not necessary at this time.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    I don't think the knife thing will make a big change, since human usually camps at a distance from people anyways, there is plenty of time to switch to a gun and shoot first, then all you need is a bash to go off and you will have won. I don't see much of a tactical decision involved, since if you are camping, the knife will be out.
    Is this knife = higher invisibility or is it knife + no movement = higher invisibility?
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

4. Default

On 1.3 and 1.6 it was just knife = lower invisibility, but again, seems unnecessary if it just goes back to where it was

5. Default

1.3 + 1.6 also had teleport = sling shot :P
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

6. Default

And you could teleport to skywalk, orc regenerated its equipment, undead explosion could kill tons of people, moles happened instantly, and gum drops literally shot out of your monitor into your mouth.

After playing a little bit on WCS, I have to agree - the current levels are an absolute disaster. As soon as human rework has happened and when we were testing new human with Zero and Cyber (I think) and then later with Wolf, I've already noted that this is going to be a problem. In a way, this is actually worse than what we had with bash because in most maps right now human is pretty much literally impossible to spot unless you:
    1) Pre-fire on all possible camp spots.
    2) The human player is kind enough to light a Christmas tree without actually hitting you.
    3) Doesn't have a lace and get hits by ultimate
    4) Plays like a retard.

What is worse 3 and 4 aren't even reliable methods as due to the visibility and extra health you may still easily lose. I think previous invisibility was fine (with knife or without) - it made human a very strong, reliable race available for everyone. The current levels is what encourages whoring and pretty much gives no chances for the new players (or gives them the wrong idea to play human only). What human is currently escalates average/bad players to actually skill level of "good" just due to terrible mechanics [Think: Deathwish].

I am a huge fan of imperfect balance and uniqueness and in general IBIS is a great place to get that experience and for most cases even if the race/playstyle can be considered OP [Think: molecule / nebula / dragonfly with bullet rain through the walls / vagas / other things people complain], they can normally countered by strategy, skill and knowledge of the mod. The current human pretty much works against that and I think it sends the wrong message to both the current players and the new ones.

TL;DR: I think that human currently is a little bit too overpowered (there's plenty of evidence just in this thread) and that the invisibility should be reduced in order to induce balance once again.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

8. Default

too many people like what and the faggot deathwish whore races. WCS is no longer fun...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Carmichal View Post
    too many people like what and the faggot deathwish whore races. WCS is no longer fun...
    Woah, easy now. I don't play human that much, and even as a molecule I never consistently play the same race as much as deathwish does.

ps everyone whores. I can't even try and play something fun on most maps cause people want to play spidy, nebula, or human constantly. I will go a race in order to kill, which sometimes is athena, or shadow, or human, or vaga- depends on the map and what im facing.

10. Default

• Reduced effectiveness of Stormwind Cloak