Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 002 Human Alliance [0] v1.1.0

1. Default

You guys are martyrs...

I've always told zero that the bash is only noticed in the LIVE server, not the test server....
    I don't know what exactly the problem is but there IS a problem with it... we can't ALL be seeing things... everyone who's ever been bashed reports as being banished at the same time and unable to shoot... it locks your aim...

Zero, when you're testing, u're probably standing still and spraying and not seeing any huge difference.
    the idea is that you should be walking, heck even crouching or smthn, and need to try to AIM at sometihng.
    Put a dot a head-shape spray on the wall, and have someone bash you while u are trying to BURST it with an AK for example. u will see a HUGEEE difference, notably u're crosshair shooting bullets WAYYY above that "head"
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

actually there is a reason for that, with NO bash or banish, getting hit in the head will knock your aim around. There is no banish, the bash does not move the cross hair any further then it would have when getting hit in the head. Banish will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    actually there is a reason for that, with NO bash or banish, getting hit in the head will knock your aim around. There is no banish, the bash does not move the cross hair any further then it would have when getting hit in the head. Banish will.
    but actually as the demo shows, my crosshair wasn't moved at all. my bullets just started going 20 feet over them.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    but actually as the demo shows, my crosshair wasn't moved at all. my bullets just started going 20 feet over them.
    I've seen it do both brett, crosshair froze, moved, shots just moved. Only does it on live server. I've seen the same thing with molecule b4 without the crosshair moving. It's best seen when you throw a nade and it goes the other direction you throw it.
    Spasm <ibis>: i thought mexicans came to murrica not canada
    Spasm <ibis>: :O
    Cyber ibis.a: free dental and health plan ^
    Cyber ibis.a: sry mmurica, u got outbid
    Cyber ibis.a: senor.
    Spasm <ibis>: its not truly free
    Spasm <ibis>: someone pays for it
    Spasm <ibis>: rich ppl
    Cyber ibis.a: exactly
    Cyber ibis.a: canadians
    Cyber ibis.a: i just get the free stuff
    Spasm <ibis>: typical mexican

5. Default

@Spasm the nade Flys the other way because you're momentum is locked going in one direction. @Brett the shooting pattern for the usp would never hit that high at the rate you were shooting... It's more then just locking the cross hair.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    @Spasm the nade Flys the other way because you're momentum is locked going in one direction. @Brett the shooting pattern for the usp would never hit that high at the rate you were shooting... It's more then just locking the cross hair.
    im just saying i didn't move my mouse at all, got bashed, and out of nowhere its like my recoil shot up to twice what it should be able to get up to, and you can see i actually stopped shooting, aimed further down, and the recoil was still fucked up

Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

well since the bash thing isn't getting any attention i wanted to propose a return to the 1.6 style human.

i feel like the current level of invisibility on humans is TOO DAMN HIGH....except for those of you who use high-res skins. anyways the 1.6 version of the human gave that level of invisibility...sometimes. the invisibility was modified by whether or not you were moving (more invis while standing still) and also by what weapon you had out (more invis with a knife than with a gun). so camping with a knife out, you had the invisibility that we see in the current iteration, but moving and with a gun out, it was more along the lines of a standard race with a cloak, maybe even a bit more visible. i think having it that way would balance things out. as it is, if you get a human at any distance at all against any textured background, they're damn near invisible. that's fine, but if that fucker can MOVE and SHOOT while i cant see him, and if i do see him the fucker has 200 goddamn hp AND a helm....it's too much.

the 1.6 version would offer much better balance and an interesting strategy.

also i wouldn't be against the old teleport wherein the user was given a short flashbang-like effect upon teleporting. not against enemies, against themselves.
    Last edited by brett friggin favre; 03-24-2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spellz

Fire, walk with me.

8. Default

I have already said that this is the next race to be repgoramed and that nothing will be done until after valve breaks the game with the pending big update. I am not going to spend weeks programing to make something valve breaks days later.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have already said that this is the next race to be repgoramed and that nothing will be done until after valve breaks the game with the pending big update. I am not going to spend weeks programing to make something valve breaks days later.
    i hear ya and i'm with ya, just trying to get a discussion going on the validity of the aim-fucking bash claims and on the possibility of altering the invisibility. it'll be easier to program if you have a definite idea of what you're gonna do with it

Fire, walk with me.

10. Default

I do and it is the code from the original es version of the race, now when I am "reprograming" all the races I am making them conform to the original design where they do not assuming I still intend for that. (example some races may be changed slightly from es versions b/c es versions did not work or need balance changes for OB)