Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 007 Warden [70] v1.1.1

1. Default

Like I said, I didn't think to test the initial 5 damage. If you want to come on the test server, we can test that. Assuming it does, it is 10 damage.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Like I said, I didn't think to test the initial 5 damage. If you want to come on the test server, we can test that. Assuming it does, it is 10 damage.
    yeah id test it, gotta know when tho

3. Default

Can't confirm this can get the spectator glitch, but revives self with Vengeance, so suggesting spectator spawn filtering.

4. Default

• Filter team for respawn
    • Better weapon removal method

5. Default

• Race now on RESTORED VERSION
    • Updated to best weapon removal code

6. Default

• Updated weapon removal code

7. Default

zero any chance you can update warden to actually be able to mole or appear at the enemies spwn at the same time that they spwn, meaning you don't have to wait multiple seconds before spwning into the other teams spwn? Its honestly very very difficult to do this because first, you don't have control over when you are going to mole, like you cant stop it if you don't want to mole this round because you have no gun or something, second every person mostly knows to wait for moles leaving you completely defenseless and outmatched.

Also a good note to look at is we have alot of newly introduced races that are very speedy, like santa,jack,dragonfly,vagalion and many other fast races that get out of spwn very fast making it very difficult to even kill some1 if you do mole because not many people stay in their spwn for that long.

Here is a video of how warden was made to be, its an older video then i would like it to be, but it gets the point across pretty clearly, starts from 2:07-2:25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MhHtvCcog

Also, why when you do mole you only have your disguise for few seconds? This is wardens best and most adored skill, the ability to be disguised for the round or until killed(no longer then a round) is why this race was made, it is the whole backbone to this race, any chance we can have it back.

Also, how come if you are going 1v1 and you are a warden and you die the round ends even though you still use your ultimate to respwn? anyway to change this? so many times i have had my warden ultimate ready for use and the round ended because i died even tho i respawned right after using my ultimate, can this be changed or is this limited by the engine itself?

8. Default

While the issue with the respawn thing is something that's more across the board than limited to only the Warden; your other suggestions would make the race more of a bastard race than it already is. I like it, if only for the lulz.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

9. Default

warden's fine, i do remember in 1.6 when they would spawn along with the other team but that does pose some problems...like you said, if you don't have a gun for example. let's say you die one round, and mole the next. now you're not in your buy zone, and anyone paying attention will notice you have a different pistol from the rest of the team, leaving you even more vulnerable. you need to use warden on specific maps where teams will generally leave spawn. it's not really a spawn killing race, rather a flanking race. take dust for example. hardly anyone camps either spawn, and they won't check for enemies coming from spawn too much. you mole, get behind them, wait for your disguise to end (so they won't look for a mole next round), and then flank them.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

10. Default

I can't recall where, but I think when the mole happens has been discussed before. There are pros and cons to both ways. With instant moling, you still have the issue that people are ready for you, but instead of waiting for someone to spawn, they just have to scan everyone. Either way both sides have about the same advantage. Either you both need to snap when you spawn for our way, or both are already aiming at heads with instant.

As for the speed race issue, if everyone is out, what you do is flank them. On maps such as office, italy and aztec, you can fairly safely assume you can walk up behind someone who is in a firefight with your team quite quickly. Also, unless they actually notice you moled, the fact that you DON'T kill people in spawn means you can get a mole or two in before people start watching for you.

The disguise, I agree, I'd rather have it all round. I may make more comments here after I look up some stuff later.

The ultimate issue, I have wondered why Warden is the special one who can't respawn when he's alone.