Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 013 Spider Man [250] v1.1.1

1. Default

Actually here is the balance change I was thinking for this race. As we know you get awarded more xp when killing a race of a higher level. With 8 levels per ability its max level is 32 which is the same as the orc and other base races. This means that when killed a fully leveled spiderman will give the same amount of xp. If the leveling were raised to 10 it would be 40 and all races that cap out under 40 would revive the bonus for making kills even when maxed. In addation it will also increase the difficulty leveling the race.

In the past the levels per ability did not matter as much except for the largely unbalanced races it did not effect balance. This is becuase there was no max level you could reach for a given race back then. As a result we may need to dramatically increase the max level for these higher races in order to balance them correctly in the new version.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Actually here is the balance change I was thinking for this race. As we know you get awarded more xp when killing a race of a higher level. With 8 levels per ability its max level is 32 which is the same as the orc and other base races. This means that when killed a fully leveled spiderman will give the same amount of xp. If the leveling were raised to 10 it would be 40 and all races that cap out under 40 would revive the bonus for making kills even when maxed. In addation it will also increase the difficulty leveling the race.

In the past the levels per ability did not matter as much except for the largely unbalanced races it did not effect balance. This is becuase there was no max level you could reach for a given race back then. As a result we may need to dramatically increase the max level for these higher races in order to balance them correctly in the new version.
    or allow overleveling?

and that isn't much of a balance change. even if the races that cap out under 40 get the bonus xp when maxe...so what? not like it does anything for them. they're maxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Actually it does in that the xp difference matters for ranking. As it would be harder to level it also reduces the number of maxed out spiders that can be on the server at one time. In addition I was thinking to limit some shop items from this race as well.

4. Default

personally, i think that people are just pissed because spidey is on an "up" right now. it's a fun race, an folks like playing it. as we get more and more races back, it's use will go down
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    personally, i think that people are just pissed because spidey is on an "up" right now. it's a fun race, an folks like playing it. as we get more and more races back, it's use will go down
    Plus we don't have Athena. People have yet to find out what a bastard Athena is for speed races.

Still, I'd say this is one of the more powerful races overall right now.

6. Default

• Updated ultimate so that it can not be used when a player with immunity is within 30ft. This applies both to the starting point and the target point. If there is a player with immunity within 30ft of either point it will fail.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
      • Updated ultimate so that it can not be used when a player with immunity is within 30ft. This applies both to the starting point and the target point. If there is a player with immunity within 30ft of either point it will fail.
    o.O wow. that's the single best nerf i can think of. very nice, restricting the destination as well.

8. Default

I do agree o.O
    I didnt really think the class needed a nerf, but damn that should work just fine and stop the bitching

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

it was brought to my attention just now that there is no longer a spider man team restriction? there currently is 6 spidermans playing in the server atm and the server is continuly crashing.
    i dont know if there should be or not.

i was also told that a lvl 8 player was playing spiderman.. it seems to be that the level restriction is not keeping people from playing spiderman.
    Personal reform

10. Default

There is no level restriction. However I think that i should install a clamp on the acceleration in the event that that is the cause of the problems.