Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 016 Vagabond [310] v1.1.8

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by azurestone View Post
    I signed up on the forums, just to post this...

Vegabond needs its own set of rules, and some nerfing beyond any other race I have seen.

For most maps, the Vegabond player is /outside/ of the gameplay area, sniping down everyone, laughing their asses off at how invul they are, sure, it takes a bit to get too, but when a level 50 Vega joins a nearly empty server [such as the case this morning, around 5 AM EST], and just continues to rape the other team of /3/ people.

The suggested rule would be to stay the hell in the gameplay zone, and not snipe from places one couldn't get too without say...may undead levitation, or teleportation, IE not through invisible walls, and the like. As a lot of the time, those walls, that are up, can not be shot through on the side with a texture, but on the invisible side, bullets go right to them. Also, don't be a duche when the server is nearly empty! it makes it nowhere near fun, or even "Meh, I'll play"-able.

Its not hard to play such race, and still be "Fair" to the rest of the people playing, and not make the race so overpowered.

I'm sure sniping through a wall like you said is considered some form of skywalking, in which case it's against the rules since they can't be seen. If you can see them, it's not against the rules and perfectly legal for them to do. I don't like Vaga as much as the next guy but there are plenty of races that give you an equal advantage like Athena, Strider, even Humans. You just have to know how to use them.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

2. Default

He could easily be nerfed and not need those rules. Just remove his ability to buy a lace.

However, Strider, Human, Beast, Archmage all can get to the same places as vaga. The next race we release will be able to as well. Just remember, most maps that are not overly open, you have at least one path you can take that gets you to the objectives without making yourself sniper (Read: not JUST vaga) bait.

3. Default

if he didn't have a lace i feel it would be almost too easy to kill it. As long as they are not shooting you from a place where they can see through the walls or where you cant shoot them it is very possible to kill or stop the vagabond.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by B1ackOut View Post
    if he didn't have a lace i feel it would be almost too easy to kill it. As long as they are not shooting you from a place where they can see through the walls or where you cant shoot them it is very possible to kill or stop the vagabond.

this. vaga does NOT need any nerfs. if they are killing you from places you cannot shoot them (physically cannot. this doesn't mean "he shot me before i could shoot him" or "he shot me before i knew where he was") that is against the rules. HOWEVER they cannot often reach such spots. ever. the only ones that can sometimes do that are teleport races (human, beast, and most of all hellhunter)

they have the ability to cross invisible boundaries in the sky/wherever, and it is possible for them to reach such untouchable places. BUT they are not allowed to attack from such places.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Having no lace would require the vagas to adapt to the game, rather than requiring the whole game to adapt to them. It would also remove the "hunt the vaga" minigame that often happens in the server. They wouldn't be able to be a jack of all trades, they would have to be, shock and amazement, snipers. You know, not in range of most ultimates Would they be easier to kill? Well, the bad ones would, yeah, and the ones who don't want to fill their rolls, just like ANY race. Do they need this nerf? Nope.

What we need is A: People who pay attention when someone else calls stuck. B: people learning when they ARE stuck, not just calling it because they think they are stuck. C: People who can use the radar, and the radar still works perfectly fine for THIS need. D: Stop voting for our overly open maps(Rats style, Compound, Port) then complaining about OP-Vaga. E: Stop being overly aggressive then complaining that they caught you. If they have an objective to do, go there, THEY WILL COME TO YOU. F: If you have a choice of sniper friendly path and covered path, choose the covered path, *cough* WESTWOOD B IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE WHEN THEY HAVE A VAGA AND YOU DON'T! Taking the roofs is a worse choice. *cough*. G: Stop letting idiots who don't understand the above points play on the servers.

I really wish I could enforce point G.

6. Default

3. Sky walking is permitted provided you’re in a spot that the opposing team can shoot back at. Going under the map, or to any place that allows you to see the enemy, but grants them 0 vision of you is not permitted unless you're passing through the area to get some where else.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    What we need is A: People who pay attention when someone else calls stuck. B: people learning when they ARE stuck, not just calling it because they think they are stuck. C: People who can use the radar, and the radar still works perfectly fine for THIS need. D: Stop voting for our overly open maps(Rats style, Compound, Port) then complaining about OP-Vaga. E: Stop being overly aggressive then complaining that they caught you. If they have an objective to do, go there, THEY WILL COME TO YOU. F: If you have a choice of sniper friendly path and covered path, choose the covered path, *cough* WESTWOOD B IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE WHEN THEY HAVE A VAGA AND YOU DON'T! Taking the roofs is a worse choice. *cough*. G: Stop letting idiots who don't understand the above points play on the servers.
    Beat me to it. However, I don't agree with your suggestion of removing the option to buy a necklace.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

8. Default

Your not agreeing with something I don't agree with either :P To quote myself in the selfsame post: "Do they need this nerf? Nope."

Just saying, if they need a nerf, this is the one that would do the most good with the least work. We don't need to change rules, or modify abilities, all we need to do is rid it of the reason it's so powerful. I've put some thought into it and like dealing with theory over reality. Unless you have some other option to nerf it, should we ever need to nerf it.

9. Default

Races can be set to require a certain number of players on your team.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Races can be set to require a certain number of players on your team.
    That seems like it might not be that bad. I was on lastnight, in a 4 vs 3 with a maxed Vaga. It was a nightmare. Every round lasted almost the full time. But people will always complain about the Vaga. Someone in game mentioned a HP reduction to 75 the other night and it recieved alot of praise in the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.