Thread: Everyone's thoughts on freezing?

1. Thumbs up Everyone's thoughts on freezing?

So I asked Ray about his thoughts on it earlier, but now I'll pose the question to everyone else since I figured out how to go about doing it:

To better enforce server rules and prevent potential offenders (and major cade breakers) from getting away with cade breaking (which happens on a regular basis due to benefit of doubt and lack of proof), I'm proposing announcing to all players that they will be frozen within 1-2 seconds, and using

Code:
    ma_rcon ma_freeze #all
    ma_rcon ma_freeze <ibis.
    to freeze all players and then immediately unfreeze all admins who presumably have the <ibis. suffix in their nickname. Then going into noclip, finding cade breakers (and other offenders) caught in the act, taking a snapshot and carrying out appropriate punishment. To unfreeze everyone properly, I just execute the same command again (which would unfreeze all players and freeze admins, followed by the second command to unfreeze the ibis admins).

I think if properly managed and snapshot/punishment was executed quickly enough, no one would mind (quite the opposite -- if I built a stupendous cade and someone smashed it for whatever reason, I'd be fine with being frozen for proper punishment to be handed out) and this sort of thing would be accepted by everyone as a good thing.

Thoughts?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    So I asked Ray about his thoughts on it earlier, but now I'll pose the question to everyone else since I figured out how to go about doing it:

To better enforce server rules and prevent potential offenders (and major cade breakers) from getting away with cade breaking (which happens on a regular basis due to benefit of doubt and lack of proof), I'm proposing announcing to all players that they will be frozen within 1-2 seconds, and using

Code:
    ma_rcon ma_freeze #all
    ma_rcon ma_freeze <ibis.
    to freeze all players and then immediately unfreeze all admins who presumably have the <ibis. suffix in their nickname. Then going into noclip, finding cade breakers (and other offenders) caught in the act, taking a snapshot and carrying out appropriate punishment. To unfreeze everyone properly, I just execute the same command again (which would unfreeze all players and freeze admins, followed by the second command to unfreeze the ibis admins).

I think if properly managed and snapshot/punishment was executed quickly enough, no one would mind (quite the opposite -- if I built a stupendous cade and someone smashed it for whatever reason, I'd be fine with being frozen for proper punishment to be handed out) and this sort of thing would be accepted by everyone as a good thing.

Thoughts?
    no

fucking retarded idea. use best judgement when dealing w/ cade breakers. never more than kick or freeze next round for first offence, and only after that give timeouts. also, only do things if you see it, OR (and this is a very big OR) if you get reports from a well known and trusted member. BUT never more than 30 min if you didn't witness it yourself

example: if i was admin, and mag was in there w/ me, if someone broke his cade and he told me, i would act on it.

that's how i dealt w/ it when i had admin, and how i'll do it again when i get admin back.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

horrible idea.
    Last edited by maynard; 12-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Ok..

5. Default

that would be an abuse tread that would get your freeze taken away

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    Ok..
    props on wanting 2 make the server better. but this is deff not the route 2 take.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    props on wanting 2 make the server better. but this is deff not the route 2 take.
    ^See above^

Your hearts in the right place but this just simply isn't a good idea.

yea, like i told you before freezing is definately not a proper punishment for cade breaking or really any offense in zm. example: earlier today i was in a cade with a guy shooting it out, he got frozen by an admin (dont know if it was you ness) but the location of where the admin froze him prevented me and my cade-mates from being able to fix the cade properly. imo something needs to be done about cade breaking. dont give me this shit about needing a demo and all that bullshit, how the fuck am i supposed to know someones going to cadebreak before it actually happens. i think admins need to start taking peoples words on things like that. i know it can/will lead to wrongful bans/punishments, but %99 of the time if a regular tells you someone is fucking up his cade, then he's telling the truth. you can just deal with that extra %1 of the time when/if it comes

9. Default

I generally harshen the punishment if I have to move myself to Spec. I give a warning to stop whatever is going on (if someone is cading the red room on texas highschool, for instance), and then if they don't comply I start hostile negotiations.

Props to you for wanting to make the server better, however.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?