Thread: Has Anyone Figured it out yet???

1. Question Has Anyone Figured it out yet???

It's been done I'd bet on it but I haven't figured it out yet..

The DVR box from Comcast has some recordings on it that I want to transfer to a laptop then burn for another viewing. Has anyone here figured it out OR know of/about anyone that has?

Now before you all go and get really legal on my ass, please understand that Comcast has already told me that for now, that isn't possible due to infringement laws for the PPV movies that are able to be recorded on said DVR.

Being the law abiding citizen that I am, I only want to transfer the other stuff that isn't "illegal", so put that in your pipe and smoke it, or whatever else you may have hanging around! :P

Thanks for any POSITIVE input.

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

things that you record on the TIVO is transferable to the PC, however its in its own fancy(and shitty) wrapper beacuse well, weak hardware compressing 720p on the fly

I do not have experience on the com cast DVR, if you have an HDMI port on you computer you could screen cap non protected stuff (DAMN i knew the word i wanted there when I started this post) However the big key for that is out so I think by this time there are apps that are distributed for free that would break that, obviously so you can use your media for the full extent the law allows and not a step over *cough cough *

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

It is on a linux partition, you have to seperately extract the video and audio streams and sync them after. Google will provide you with all the information. It is not a very easy process (at first).
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

4. Default

Thanks
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>