Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Fellow Admins

Default Dear Fellow Admins

in the last few months i have noticed a train of events with newer admins in regards to bans due to admin disrespect. What i had been seeing reminded me of the way i used to be back in GG.

I wish only to give helpful advice to some of the newer admins based off of my past behaviors. Before you go banning said person for admin disrespect, take a step back and reflect on wheather or not you antagonized this person or if they are just being disrespectful because they can. In some of these cases, admins antagonize a player to get upset or pissed leading to "admin disrespect." If you (the admin) can acknowledge the fact that you may have induced any in-server flame, inform the player that admin disrespect will not be tolerated and give them a warning. This also includes you dropping the subject as well.

I'd hate to see the amount of abuse threads grow.

2. Default

word. calm down bros, it's still just a game. the goal is to keep the server's full and to acquire decent regulars. counter-strike is losing players everyday!

i play on the IBIS servers because i generally don't have any problems with the people that play on them, but i have witnessed a couple people wearing the ibis.a tag being completely rude to people for no apparent reason. that tag should not be an excuse to be jerkish.

3. Default

Or perhaps they have to learn to not to take things so personally. If a person calls you a name over the interwebs, I promise you, no one at your lunch table will know.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wack0 View Post
    word. calm down bros, it's still just a game. the goal is to keep the server's full and to acquire decent regulars. counter-strike is losing players everyday!

i play on the IBIS servers because i generally don't have any problems with the people that play on them, but i have witnessed a couple people wearing the ibis.a tag being completely rude to people for no apparent reason. that tag should not be an excuse to be jerkish.
    Indeed is a game, but we admins are the peace keeper, we are here to clean out those that wish to break the server rules, so in a sense, this is a little bit more than a game for us. And I blame the "patch" for CSS losing players.

If you are a regular on our servers and witnessed admin abuse, often or not, feel free to take demo and post it on these forums for Zero and clan members to review.

5. Default

a lot of the new admins need to get the fuck of their high horses and stop being dicks. We old admins have seen and heard it all with the new ones. "omg this guy called me a dick" *BAM* banned.... fucking people need to learn to keep their hand off the ban button and on the mute or kick button... or take a page outta my book. Make their gaming experience very fucking frustrating until they rage quit... i get my laughs from that

New admins... you all suck when compared to us older more experienced admins.....

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KɅΞW View Post
    Indeed is a game, but we admins are the peace keeper, we are here to clean out those that wish to break the server rules, so in a sense, this is a little bit more than a game for us.
    i have no problem with that at all, but that's not what this thread or my post is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    New admins... you all suck when compared to us older more experienced admins.....

Clone
    I wouldn't go so far as to say we all suck. I've seen some veteran admins do some pretty dickish things simply because they are veteran admins.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say we all suck. I've seen some veteran admins do some pretty dickish things simply because they are veteran admins.
    Thats because we know whats best for the server. Obviously. These new admins coming in deserve a slap to the face and an ass kicking. They are new, so they should stfu and sit back and watch how WE OLDER ADMINS run things.
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Thats because we know whats best for the server. Obviously. These new admins coming in deserve a slap to the face and an ass kicking. They are new, so they should stfu and sit back and watch how WE OLDER ADMINS run things.
    not clone though.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Being a new admin here, I'll throw in my 2 cents..

Been playing since before steam, so I've seen and heard just about every kind of put down, disrespect, joke, taunt or slam known to the gamer world. Have been admin on quite a few servers and have seen it all. If as an admin, I can't deal with some dumb kid calling me names, I shouldn't be an admin. I'm also not going to put myself in a situation that could lead to that. No randomly slapping players off bomb or slaying players just cause I feel like it. I hate when that's done to me elsewhere so..

I'm there to keep everyone else's experience fun. They can call my mom a fat heifer if they want, that shit don't bother me. Once they start impeding other's gameplay and/or good time, then we have a problem. Team flashing and wounding/injuring repeatedly, mic spam, yada yada. I consider myself more just a bouncer keeping the riff raff out of the club.