Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Un-restricting Restricted weapons

Default Un-restricting Restricted weapons

it is becoming a huge issue in the ZM server.
    it is not much about whether or not it is admin abuse as it is it being a common trait for newer admins and some older to express this new found ablilty in the server. Members who are non- Admin are begining to complain when i come into the server and state that the pre-restricted weapons are restricted for a reason. So it isnt just about making note of a problem that is going on but hopfully determining a boundry and limitations when it comes to un-restricting weapons, regarding admin abuse.

i personally belive that ZERO restricted these weapons for a reason and that if they are restricted they shouldnt be unrestricted with the RCON commands the admins (not clan members) should not have the ability to exercise.

but if im wrong, then im wrong.

Some one shed some light an end this indecisive partial ZM chaos!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    it is becoming a huge issue in the ZM server.
    it is not much about whether or not it is admin abuse as it is it being a common trait for newer admins and some older to express this new found ablilty in the server. Members who are non- Admin are begining to complain when i come into the server and state that the pre-restricted weapons are restricted for a reason. So it isnt just about making note of a problem that is going on but hopfully determining a boundry and limitations when it comes to un-restricting weapons, regarding admin abuse.

i personally belive that ZERO restricted these weapons for a reason and that if they are restricted they shouldnt be unrestricted with the RCON commands the admins (not clan members) should not have the ability to exercise.

but if im wrong, then im wrong.

Some one shed some light an end this indecisive partial ZM chaos!
    its not a rcon command.

3. Default

I for one believe that the awp is ok to un-restrict on certain maps( like euro-news), but the auto-snipers should NEVER be un-restricted.
    Last edited by Pit_Viper1; 12-16-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    its not a rcon command.
    only your self and a few others would even CARE to know that command, your response to my post pretty much proves that.

5. Default

Yeah, I'd like some ZERO feedback on this. Personally I don't like playing maps where there are AWPs and other restricted weps and I can't pick them up because they're restricted (if the map designers put them in there, why not play with them?), but if ZERO explicitly says not to unrestrict them for whatever reason, I'll leave it at that.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    Yeah, I'd like some ZERO feedback on this. Personally I don't like playing maps where there are AWPs and other restricted weps and I can't pick them up because they're restricted (if the map designers put them in there, why not play with them?), but if ZERO explicitly says not to unrestrict them for whatever reason, I'll leave it at that.
    i agree. the only time i unrestrict auto snipes is when they ability that go with map or make you look cool.

7. Default

No ZERO feedback? :/

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    only your self and a few others would even CARE to know that command, your response to my post pretty much proves that.
    1st off, you can do it very easily without a console command. there is and admin-enu sub-menu for it. 2nd, maybe it wasnt like the OLD zm you guys are always talking about, but i remember when i firts started playing on zm, the weapons were restricted in the buy menu, but players were still able to pick them up off the map if the mapmaker placed the weapons on something (i.e. skybox, tower, etc.) imo thats the way it should be

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    1st off, you can do it very easily without a console command. there is and admin-enu sub-menu for it. 2nd, maybe it wasnt like the OLD zm you guys are always talking about, but i remember when i firts started playing on zm, the weapons were restricted in the buy menu, but players were still able to pick them up off the map if the mapmaker placed the weapons on something (i.e. skybox, tower, etc.) imo thats the way it should be
    agree, but since that's not possible we're forced to restrict them completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    agree, but since that's not possible we're forced to restrict them completely.
    well, have we gotten oficial word from zero as to whether this is possible or not?