Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: force rate change on someone?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    lmfao
    BOB SAGGET, but to get onto the topic of the thread some people just don't how to change their rates. You guys should just have a bind on how to tell people how to change their rates.

2. Default

Yeah, I don't think CS:S lets you cexec peoples rates anymore. It was helpful back in the day, but could easily be abused.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

3. Default

This is going to be a long post that most of you probably won't read, but it lists the basic sv_ commands related to clamping rates. Sorry it took so long, but I had to double check that all of this information is still relevant after the orange box update. The changes to client/server side cvars were never thoroughly documented publicly AFAIK.

There is one other thing I'd like to address since we're discussing rates. Since the WCS server has come online (or perhaps this is just placebo) there has been a notable decline in the pub's performance. Not just shot reg, either. It takes much longer between maps and I experience more choke than previously when the server is full. I assume that all our servers are on the same 'box' and I think we should seriously consider dropping to 66tic. Not only that, but the game is designed now around the assumption that the server is 66tic. 100tic isn't officially supported. All prediction/interpolation has been redone with that consideration. If we drop, I believe we'll see a drastic increase in the performance of all our servers.

"sv_client_cmdrate_difference" = "1" ( def. "20" )
    - cl_cmdrate is moved to within sv_client_cmdrate_difference units of cl_updaterate before it is clamped between sv_mincmdrate and sv_maxcmdrate.

"sv_client_predict" = "1" ( def. "-1" )
    - This can be used to force the value of cl_predict for connected clients (only while they are connected).
    -1 = let clients set cl_predict to anything
    0 = force cl_predict to 0
    1 = force cl_predict to 1

"sv_client_min_interp_ratio" = "1"
    - This can be used to limit the value of cl_interp_ratio for connected clients (only while they are connected).
    -1 = let clients set cl_interp_ratio to anything
    any other value = set minimum value for cl_interp_ratio

"sv_client_max_interp_ratio" = "1" ( def. "2" )
    - This can be used to limit the value of cl_interp_ratio for connected clients (only while they are connected). If sv_client_min_interp_ratio is -1, then this cvar has no effect.

100 Tic
    sv_minrate 13000
    sv_maxrate 25000
    sv_minupdaterate 100
    sv_maxupdaterate 101
    sv_mincmdrate 100
    sv_maxcmdrate 101
    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
    sv_client_predict 1
    sv_client_min_interp_ratio 1
    sv_client_max_interp_ratio 1

66 Tic
    sv_minrate 25000
    sv_maxrate 35000
    sv_minupdaterate 66
    sv_maxupdaterate 67
    sv_mincmdrate 66
    sv_maxcmdrate 67
    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
    sv_client_predict 1

Unfortunately, there appears to be no way of clamping individual clients' cl_interp, and thus, 'lerp'. So we can't really do much to limit the amount of "watdafuk u sh00t me frm round a corners!1?" However, clamping rates and cl_interp_ratio will absolutely improve hit registry across the board.
    Last edited by dice; 01-09-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

4. Default

the ip's of gg, zm, an pub are very similar. wcs is vastly different. wouln't that mean they're not on the same box?

i mean fuck, the wcs's server ip address traces to texas for some reason, not DC where they all are suppose to be
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

update and cmd rate should never be higher than your min fps(you will choke).
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    the ip's of gg, zm, an pub are very similar. wcs is vastly different. wouln't that mean they're not on the same box?

i mean fuck, the wcs's server ip address traces to texas for some reason, not DC where they all are suppose to be
    No, then. The WCS server is not on the same box. It is either placebo, or coincidence. Its not me playing bad - according to PS my skill/rank has done nothing but go up all month. Nonetheless, there is a profound lack of registry and it has gotten ridiculous.

Example - today on italy: a terrorist is crouched on his end of long hall. I am 6 feet behind him, also crouched. Neither of us are moving so I take my sweet time to line up on the back of his skull with a deagle. The first two shots (with a good half second between them) were clean misses. Its bad enough now that I can't stand to play in the pub and usually rage quit to the GG server, where even dying can be fun >.>

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

7. Default

These will be useful I do not think I have them entered in:
    sv_client_predict 1

As for the other stuff you can try all day to force a client to send or receive 100 packets per second but this REQUIRES them to be at >100fps if they ever drop below 100fps there will be lag. Lag is not just created by the raw ping time nor the rates. There is a large number of factors. Even with "perfect" rates you can still lag even if you have "perfect" ping becuase you do not have a "perfect" computer.

As far as server performance goes the last vale updates that came out right before the wcs server released really has hurt performance and overall stability.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    sv_client_predict 1

As for the other stuff you can try all day to force a client to send or receive 100 packets per second but this REQUIRES them to be at >100fps if they ever drop below 100fps there will be lag. Lag is not just created by the raw ping time nor the rates. There is a large number of factors. Even with "perfect" rates you can still lag even if you have "perfect" ping becuase you do not have a "perfect" computer.

As far as server performance goes the last vale updates that came out right before the wcs server released really has hurt performance and overall stability.

1- some ppl run at the default 0.1 interp, some ppl actually manually set it to 0.02, including myself. will ur command above force us to use that interp?...:S

2- well i personally play with a 50 fps... i dnt lag, as u can all see from all my demos i dnt lag, and i play smoothly... so i dnt know what would cause some ppl to like that (i.e vibrating character)... i was searching simply if there is a mani or rcon command that can force a specific player to fix some obviously wrong rates, just to try it ...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

If I'm not mistaken, it will stop the extra snapshot interpolation.

High lerp causes that in some cases. People also do it purposely...

No Cyber, it will not. Now if your ratio is set at 2 (shouldn't be unless you have a shitty ISP/Ping), you will have to modify your cl_interp value lower (pretty much half).
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

10. Default

sv_client_predict 1

So why not drop to 66? If the update hurt performance and not everyone can have 100, those both seem like additional golden reasons to drop to 66tic, because I know maybe 1 person who is a reg who can't get 66 fps. And I've not even mentioned yet that the people who come in with the default rates of 10000 30 20 (which is 75%+ of our population) have a distinct advantage over people who have proper rates set.
    Last edited by dice; 01-12-2011 at 08:29 PM.