Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: force rate change on someone?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it will stop the extra snapshot interpolation.

High lerp causes that in some cases. People also do it purposely...

No Cyber, it will not. Now if your ratio is set at 2 (shouldn't be unless you have a shitty ISP/Ping), you will have to modify your cl_interp value lower (pretty much half).
    thats why i go from cl_interp 0.1 to 0.02 ... compensates my low fps i think
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it will stop the extra snapshot interpolation.

High lerp causes that in some cases. *People also do it purposely...*
    Emphasis mine.

That extra snapshot is the whole problem with registry on a server that doesn't force rates. Most of our players come in with 30cmd/20upd so 7/10 of the packets you receive from those players are bullshit. Ever wonder why its so common in our server to hit someone, see blood, and not do damage? Compare that behavior to a server that forces rates.

I strongly feel we need to level the playing field to make the game more fun, and if locking it at 100 is asking too much for peoples' computers, why not 66? Forcing every player to send and receive at the same rate eliminates the need for extrapolation. Eliminates the need for the server to "guess" 70% of the time. Having a "100tic" server since orangebox is really kind of a vanity thing.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.