Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: force rate change on someone?

1. Default force rate change on someone?

Hey everyone just a question.
    I'm personally tired of shouting to people to fix their rates... even having to freeze them for a full round to tell them that i want their rates fixed NOW bcos they are lagging up like fuck...
    any rcon command or any command at all that can let me change their rates on my own without having to request their arrogant butt to do it?
    i know for example that someone said before u can force someone to disconnect or smthn... any chance we can twist that into writing smthn in console?
    i know it sounds random...but i hate asking a billion times over 1000 maps for someone to fix his rates, and im trying to find a sentence-less way to solve the issue.
    thanks...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Simple, threaten to ban them

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    Simple, threaten to ban them

LOL Love it!

4. Default

What rates are acceptable. lots of players w/ 30 & 20 in there not lagging but...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What rates are acceptable. lots of players w/ 30 & 20 in there not lagging but...
    30/20 is the default orangebox settings iirc, but anything lower than 100/100 will reduce their hit reg as well as YOUR hit reg on them.

The main problem with forcing 100/100--although a much more minor problem now than when cs was released--is that not everyone's connection can handle the extra traffic. There are, believe it or not, still people out there with sub-1mbps connections.

I know zblock can force rates, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to force them without it, but I don't know how. I'll read around and post what I find in case zero is interested. (Then again, he probably already knows how)

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    30/20 is the default orangebox settings iirc, but anything lower than 100/100 will reduce their hit reg as well as YOUR hit reg on them.

The main problem with forcing 100/100--although a much more minor problem now than when cs was released--is that not everyone's connection can handle the extra traffic. There are, believe it or not, still people out there with sub-1mbps connections.

I know zblock can force rates, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to force them without it, but I don't know how. I'll read around and post what I find in case zero is interested. (Then again, he probably already knows how)
    even sub 1Mb a sec should be fine for 100/100, it does not take more then 35Kb up a sec, a 100/100 will compleatly max a 56k modem due to overhead and download

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

yeah but i mean some ppl have smthn like
    rate 1000
    cl_updaterate 30 000
    cl_cmdrate 7000

i mean seriously? and i would freeze them and tell them that i will ban them if they dont fix their rates bcos u would shoot them a serious HS 10 times while they are camping and not moving, and it doesnt hit them!!!
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Forcing rates is like forcing safe sex.

9. Default

Masterchef, do not post every again. Keep that 1337 post of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Masterchef, do not post every again. Keep that 1337 post of yours.
    lmfao