Thread: Officer Elections!

1. Default Officer Elections!

Hello my lovely UKAnime members! I hope the holidays have found you well.

As you may or may not know, the new semester brings with it many exciting things. Such exciting things include events such as our Anti-Valentine's Day (which I may call off as all our members are apparently horny as rabbits and copulating at alarming rates!), another picnic at Woodland and other things that I'm not at liberty to discuss at the moment. (What I mean is that I'm not sure what else is planned for this semester until our next officer's meeting!)

Anyway, officer elections are coming up! Why should you care about democracy? Beyond influencing how the club is run next year, you yourself can run for an office! I know, it's crazy, but rest assured, if an asshat like me can become president, you can become a janitor or something...

By now, you all should be aware of the officer positions and what they entail. For those who may not know, the positions are as follows with brief descriptions:

1. President: What I am! Your job includes sitting around doing nothing while Austin does everything for you. All joking aside (who said I was joking?), you will be responsible for making sure the club runs as efficiently as possible. Basically, do everything I didn't and you should make a good president. We do require one prerequisite. To be president, one must have been an officer for at least one semester prior to running for president.

2. Vice President: What Elizabeth is! Your job includes doing everything the president doesn't want to do which isn't a lot when it comes to me at least. You will be in charge of the secretary and riding their ass all year! The same prerequisite for president applies to the vice president.

3. Secretary: What Austin is! We have combined the secretary and SPNM (Space Pirate Ninja Monkey/Social Planning and Networking Manager) into a super secretary role! Your responsibilities include keeping tabs on the library and planning all of our fun events. You get to make sure that our venues are booked and work with the treasurer to make sure the money is going where it's supposed to go!

4. Treasurer: What Aly is! You are in charge of all of our money. All $2 of it! Just kidding, we have at least $20! You will make regular reports to the president on how much money the club has and where money is going. You will be required to have good math and managerial skills. I might have Aly and myself inspect all prospective candidates for treasurer for these qualities. This is the most important position in the entire club and will be treated as such!

5. Web Monkey: What Steven is! And I'm content letting him retain his role but that's not democracy. Anyway, you will be in charge of the club Web site and forums. Steven is already doing a stellar job for us and we will require you to have skills in web design and HTML. Steven and I will be inspecting all prospective candidates as well.

6. Techie/Projectionist/Ben: Your job will be showing up every meeting to set up the projector and play the night's anime. You will also have the keys to the library to have access to the speakers and other things. This person must be ready to show up every week and have a decent PC to play any and all video content including HD video. Those who have a laptop made before 2008 need not apply. Also, this isn't your personal space to do what you want. Those who have egos or inflated opinions over what is good anime need not apply. You are there to play the anime and that is it.

Like the Pres and VP, all other officer positions have one prerequisite. You must have been a paying member for at least a semester to run for office. Paying this upcoming semester doesn't count even if you showed up all last semester.

Keep this in mind. We will try to get voting done before spring break. Think about what you might want to run for or nominate somebody for.

I hope you all have a restful remainder of your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Saturnalia/whatever the hell you celebrate break.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

~crouches down to defend position~ I'm ready for this. Lets do it!
    A Molotov Cocktail?

Obligatory Kneesocks is my waifu comment

Dem's the rrrrurrrus. Gotta get that trill in there.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
    Obligatory Kneesocks is my waifu comment

Dem's the rrrrurrrus. Gotta get that trill in there.
    That makes no sense whatsoever
    A Molotov Cocktail?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoron View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever
    Watch Panty and Stocking and maybe you'll get it.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

6. Default

Will do when I get back
    A Molotov Cocktail?

Thanks for the information and heads up.