Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: overleveling

1. Default overleveling

i'm not sure it's possible for you to bring it back, but your earlier comments made it seem as if you had intentionally not allowed it.

if this is the case, then it's a huge mistake. there is no point to not allowing overleveling. your earlier argument was to prevent people from using only a single class or two and obtaining eva that way. but lets face it, that will take substantially more work than leveling all the races. before, leveling each race to 21 gave eva. to get those levels over only a few classes would have taken so much xp it's not even funny. there is no downside to implementing overleveling. it's not like an overleveled class is any more powerful than a maze out class.

also, as it is now, there will be a point where the rank stops working. once someone maxes out everything (unlikely, perhaps. but just as unlikely as someone taking a single race to lv. 900 for eva) they'll stop gaining any sort of level-base rank.

tl;dr bring overleveling back, it's retarded not to have it
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

keep it the way it is. for us regulars who play a shit ton there it's annoying. the classes you like and enjoy end up becoming way 2 high in lvl over time, and everytime we die, we give ppl like 500 xp in 1 go, it's bull shit and makes ppl not want 2 play there face races, which is not fair. it's also not fair that ppl can get 500 xp from ppl like me for being on a lvl 130 something class, yet us ppl who are giving out all this xp for having a high lvl class see no benifit in return... our class isn't any stronger then any 1 elses whose maxed, so why should we give out so much xp?

Leave it the way it is. I don't want 2 be power lvling ppl every time I die again, was lame.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Unlikely that someone will max everything out? I had 3 races left to max before the reset, and I was only about 6th on the top 10 at the end.

Yes, I agree it will take more work to get Eva. As eva was supposed to be a prize for hard work, I find that to be a plus, though.

And Aco, that's why there's ranking by XP. Or we could go another route that's been used and have the top 10 be by who got the full level first. Or take all max'd people and have their own ranking. Or, god forbid, something like CoD Prestige. Needing it for ranking system, I don't think is a necessity.

Maynard: The way I saw it was: that's an incentive to not over use a race. When you play enough to have level 130 on a race, you're probably damn good with it, so why not give some extra points when someone can beat you on it. Also, anything you over level to that extent is probably a good race in the first place(Eva, Shadow hunter, Undead, vags). While this was nice to give new players a bonus, as you said, it gave MANY people a bonus. The main problem was it didn't help level Rapscallion, cause raps was too useless to kill high levels anyway! Or I could have just hated raps, so

4. Default

but maynard, what's the point of playing a maxed race now?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    To play it because you like it.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

6. Default

The actual reason is there is no way to make it so you do over level. Most of the really high level races have a high max level so that they counter balance how long it takes to level but also the xp given. For example previously if someone played an orc and a vagabon the same amount overlevling the orc to the same level as the vagabon they would not get any xp bonus for killing it. (lets say they are both level 50) However now when you max out your orc you always get an xp bonus for killing a maxed vagabon. This system thus allows for better compensation for races based on the difference in the max level required to level them.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    does it matter if u lv up a race after u maxed out all its skills ?
    i dont see the point of it ? or am i missing something ?

for ex, i maxed the skills on flame pred and shadow hunter and some other classes... dont see the point now of LVing up the race or spending xp on it ...
    again... am i missing smthn? does it matter if i lv it up after that barrier is reached?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    does it matter if u lv up a race after u maxed out all its skills ?
    i dont see the point of it ? or am i missing something ?

for ex, i maxed the skills on flame pred and shadow hunter and some other classes... dont see the point now of LVing up the race or spending xp on it ...
    again... am i missing smthn? does it matter if i lv it up after that barrier is reached?
    It will unlock higher races, as the levels will count into your total levels.

I think a solution to the "Power-Leveling" thing, would be to have a max XP given, but set by race. So if someone is playing as a L130 Undead, if a level 0 Human kills them, they would only get +40 Levels worth of XP, not 130. Idk how much that is, but say it's 200, well, no matter what the level difference is, the max XP given would be 200. The amount should be more than the "Max" level of the race, as you WOULD be very good at it, but I think it would help. My shadow hunter would currently be at least 25, and will go higher, but I am missing those levels haha. I understand that you don't want people just playing 1 race, but the XP to level up gets very high fairly quickly.

9. Default

you guys kidding me? I played on that server for like 11 months before it went down. and I played every day. it takes only a few days 2 max a race. I had every race maxed, and I already have 70% of the current released races maxed. it's a matter of that people will always end up going back 2 the races they really enjoy as the continue playing over time. like bigdumbanimal and undead. there's many ppl who had lvl 100+ undeads cause it's a pimp race.. should they be punished for being loyal 2 our version of WCS? and playing the races they enjoy? Fuck no they shouldn't. we had a mass majority agreement that we would make the new lvling system be based on XP, I wanted it based on lvl, but I caved and agreed with you guys. you all voted you wanted the ranks based on xp, and now they are. I don't want 2 be punished for playing on the server anymore. I will be playing this server until zero stops running IBIS> within a year from now ill have every thing at at least lvl 50 again. you all say "oh but if the class your playing is so high you must be playing it 2 much" Fuck no! that's not it at all, what it is, is the fact I'm a constant loyal member of the server, as time goes on I will always be punished for playing, no matter what race I pick cause I lvl fast.

if the server didn't go down for the 6 months it did, I would prob have every race at minimum lvl 70 ish.....

once again, you all said you wanted the ranks based on xp, and now they are. no 1 should be punished for being a regular of our server. Leave The Lvl Caps As They Are

and with this I end my drunken passionate drunken rant.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Did you read what I posted? About only giving out a certain amount of xp? I have a feeling you didn't, but if so, then I have no idea what you are being "punished" about.