Thread: EVE Online

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default EVE Online

So I was too late for the borderlands deal and decided to go with the 5 dollar EVE Online: Tyrannis. I got my room mate and I set up with it.

Here's the question of the day: Are any of you big into it and have corps set up already? If there's an IBIS corp then I want to join! kthx!
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

2. Default

I own a Corporation called Alyids. Tentoes, Solaris, Chicken, Damion, and Bloodwolf, along with a few others are in it. You're more than welcome to message me on Steam and we'll invite you. EVE is like 100 times better with comrades.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Yay * 1,000,000,000,000

Maybe this will snowball!

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

4. Default

what is EVE exactly ive heard it was good but what is it and what do you do in it

5. Default

I've been getting into EVE recently, I started an account a couple years back but only played for a couple months - didn't really have the time or money to invest in it back then. I'll probably message you later James, maybe if I see you in WCS or something.

Blackout:

EVE is a sci-fi MMORPG with spaceships and lasorz. The universe is truly massive (absolutely ridiculously massive), and it's not divided into servers as a game like WoW is; rather, different areas are run on different servers on the back-end, but you don't see that, the universe itself has only one "server" that you log in to. The game is driven heavily by players (economy, sector control, etc.), in comparison to most MMORPGS which are almost entirely NPC-run. It's not a safe, sterile environment for n00bs. If your ship gets blown up, your ship is gone. That said, different areas of space have different security levels, and you're generally safe enough in a high-security area.

You can do pretty much anything you like - you can get into mining or salvaging for raw materials, or production of finished materials (ships, fittings, etc.), or play the market as a trader, or be a solo PvP ganker (mercenary/pirate), or just run PvE missions, or gang up and do large-scale military warfare, or be a bounty hunter, or do exploration (usually coupled with something else to exploit your findings), or... you get the idea. You can do pretty much anything you like. It's a really cool game conceptually, but it takes a lot of getting used to, and it's not for the impatient.

6. Default

My name is James Eliot in EVE. Feel free to message me.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.