Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wards VS objectives.

1. Default Wards VS objectives.

Hey clan, can you stick this plz?
    i just wanted to put this out for everyone to see and stop nagging in game about wards. if I happen to say something wrong in this, correct me and i will update THIS post. These have already been said before the update, just wanted to feature it here.
    this color shows TRUE facts
    this color shows wrong rumors, or to be corrected statements
    this color shows statements that have not yet been proven true or false, or under debate.

1-You CAN ward in the ROOMS or LOCATION where the bombsites are, but NOT the bombsites, if not blocking objective, such as in dust2, as long as not warding the bomb SITE itself (its shown by a yellow dot on ur map), and blocking the objective.
    YES, you're allowed for example to ward the tunnel entrance to B, as well as gate entrance AT THE SAME TIME, as long as the wards at the gate don't prevent you from entering from the crack in the wall above site.
    Also, humans can teleport from the crack there, and if the person warding the entrances died from shooting or locust or wtvr, then the other paths are cleared. Also there is a 15 second expiry date on the wards.
    TO SUM UP, u are allowed to ward near the objective site as long as u dont block the objective, or prevent others from completing the objective.

2-You can't ward the houses on neither nipperhouse or crackhouse.
    That includes warding on the outside of the house but having the effect hitting the inside.
    Some people say that " My wards on the outside aren't touching bombsite or hostage room", true, but the line is SO thin with this rule that people are trying to exploit it, getting nearer and nearer to the bombsite B in basement or hostage room in crackhouse...etc.
    So most admins agree not allowing wards touching any of the houses, inside or out.

3- if running with hostages or with bomb going respectively to either rescue zone or bombsite, u CAN ward ur behind u on ur way there, as long as not blocking the objective. in other words, like said in 1 , dont block ALL paths there, if for example on italy, u run with hostages from the market, u CAN ward the entrance from ct spawn to market, as long as u don't block the other way. Because Ts can still go through the appartments, or from other way to stop u . Same goes for warding the tunnel in italy, or the main garage door in assault.

4-FALSE: you cannot ward ur OWN spawn for the first 20 seconds of the game. (this is so that people can mole effectively)
    TRUE: you CAN ward ur OWN spawn ANYTIME (maynard's correction), so long it doesn't prevent objective (i.e u're standing next to bomb site or hostages) this is done to prevent from being moled.

5- you CAN ward the enemy SPAWN after the 20 second delay at the beginning of game (anti-stryder), so long their spawn is neither a rescue zone, a bombsite, a hostage area OR an illegal warding spot. In other wards, you CAN ward enemy spawn without blocking objectives.

6- you CAN ward vents, as long as there is another path to the object (for example on assault)

7-You CAN ward the italy APPARTMENTS. : "appartments" =/= "house" on italy. house is where the hostages are, appartments can be warded as long as its not the last path to objective. learn the different terms.
    +++++++++++++++++++
    PS: LOOK UP HERE for the other scenarios that Maynard and others happily pointed out before the first WCS crash.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...highlight=ward
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4069

PLEASE, if i said anything wrong, it will be corrected. I am just stating what i heard either maynard, bladetwins, james or a mass other of admins confirm. I did not make anything up.
    Thanks.
    Cyber
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-29-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

1. Correct

2. Correct

3. Correct

4. You can ward your own spawn. It's a counter protective measure against mole.

5. You cannot ward enemy spawn because they are basically screwed if they respawn.

3. Default

Yea blade is right here

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    1. Correct

2. Correct

3. Correct

4. You can ward your own spawn. It's a counter protective measure against mole.

5. You cannot ward enemy spawn because they are basically screwed if they respawn.
    4- not complaining, bcos i would prefer what YOU said, but im not sure, i think it was maynard (correct me if wrong) who said that we can ward our own spawn but only after the first 20 second? this specially was also re-mentionned when mikey accidentally spammed wards in spawn thinking he was still in the end of the last round, and he apologized for it (shocker right?:P)

5- what if u're in a fight, say on dust 2, under the tunnel, trying to kill someone , u try to ward them etc,u kill them, they spawn later, or someone else spawns.. ur problem? ur aim was to kill THAT person THAT time, not intentionally ward their spawn... also for example, when on dust 2 , if u ward the bridge on top, the ward effect reaches down... how about then?

6-also someone give me the insight about warding the vents on assault, so that i can add it in my first thread? most ppl say its ok since its not blocking objective, some say that "well if u ward the vent, they cant move away..." . i usually respond by " well its ur fault u went there in the first place! dont go there or immune urself or teleport away?..., heck i;ve seen maynard do it , and he knows his shit, so i assume its allowed?

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

you can ward enemy spawn after 20 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

I don't feel like reading all that at this moment so ill explain it quick.

your ward radius may not touch the house in crackhouse or nipper house at anytime. be very careful with the house on italty also. no warding the ENEMY spawn for the first 20 seconds of the round. the key word is enemy, you can ward your own spawn at anytime.

no blocking the objective. this means you may block paths 2 the objective, but not fully prevent a person from being abl 2 complete the objective (blocking all paths/forcing a person 2 have 2 go through wards if they want 2 do the objective)

no planting wards directly on a bombsite or hostages. if a ct is running the hostages back he can drop wards as he's running 2 prevent ppl from getting him.

A BOMB SITE is the little yellow box on the mini map... the room the bomb is in, is not the bomb site...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

initial post updated, thanks maynard
    u're da man!

8. Default

no prob

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    no prob
    can u check out my first post plz ? for the yellow thing?

10. Default

waring vents is fine. we use to always use strider to fuck people crawling through the vents (after all, flying wards are so much fun ^_^)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?