1. Default SuperNukeMan - 12/18/10 @ 22:35

Name in Game: SuperNukeMan
    Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:260722
    Who banned you: Dice
    When: 12/18/10 @ 22:35
    Where: Pub Server 1
    Why banned: prolly cause i shoot people in the face consistently

Other Reasons:
    Not quite sure why out of the blue you just decided to Ban me today, i've been playing here pretty religiously for the past month or so now, and ive gotten to enjoy playing with a bunch of the people on the server, including you, so i'm a little confused. In any case, i'd like the ban to be lifted. I understand that i'm probably not going to prove anything to you, but if you saw how i was playing when i first joined the server a month ago, you'd see that i have just been steadily progressing in bringing back my ability. I mean my Steam ID is low 6 digit, and if cheating were actually my thing, i would have lost that a long time ago.

Also Dice, i see that your an audiophile from your profile, and in all honesty, i just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 380's, so i would imagine you would understand that going from playing with generic speakers to using these cans would make a bit of difference...

Hope to hear a response soon... thanks.
    Last edited by SuperNukeMan; 12-18-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: cause i cant read posting rules

I suspected you in the beginning, but noticing your 6 dig I was reluctant to make a move against you.

That being said, we have a thread going with several admins, including myself, sharing demos and experiences about your play. Also, many regulars have come forward with complaints about your inconsistancy. In other words, people find it funny how one moment you're certifiably amazing, the next (conveniently when someone is watching you) you can't hit shit. We've come to the conclusion that a ban and appeal would be the best course of action for the community.

Feel free to review the thread if you wish.

I'd like to ask any and all members of the IBIS community to download and review the first demo linked in the above thread, and give your opinion as to whether this ban should remain in place or not. The file is small enough and isn't too long - it would really help to get more opinions on at least the first piece of evidence.

I apologize for any inconvenience or animosity this has caused you, but we felt it was for the best. I agree, a good set of cans will improve situational awareness a hundredfold, but the issue here is more of your shot placement than that of knowing where people are. I use grados myself, and if I wasn't deaf in my left ear from an errant flight to Texas a couple weeks ago I'd be enjoying them right now =[ Goddamn perforated ear drums hurt!

Good luck with your appeal.
    -dice

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNukeMan View Post
    Name in Game: SuperNukeMan
    Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:260722
    Who banned you: Dice
    When: 12/18/10 @ 22:35
    Where: Pub Server 1
    Why banned: prolly cause i shoot people in the face consistently

Other Reasons:
    Not quite sure why out of the blue you just decided to Ban me today, i've been playing here pretty religiously for the past month or so now, and ive gotten to enjoy playing with a bunch of the people on the server, including you, so i'm a little confused. In any case, i'd like the ban to be lifted. I understand that i'm probably not going to prove anything to you, but if you saw how i was playing when i first joined the server a month ago, you'd see that i have just been steadily progressing in bringing back my ability. I mean my Steam ID is low 6 digit, and if cheating were actually my thing, i would have lost that a long time ago.

Also Dice, i see that your an audiophile from your profile, and in all honesty, i just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 380's, so i would imagine you would understand that going from playing with generic speakers to using these cans would make a bit of difference...

Hope to hear a response soon... thanks.
    i have personally speced u at least 27 times, and every time u have that inconsistency that dice talked about , u would go flawlessly getting headshots across the map for 40 times straight and then if u feel that someoen caught on , u start hitting NTHN?
    i mean a gd player is either always gd or always bad, not so random.
    after i got called in 5 times from another server to spec YOU, i had to bring in the cavalry and get a few other admins with even more experience to watch you. including some VERY high ranked players....
    my 2 cents say u are toggling like fuck. which i have to hand it to u , its one of the best toggling i;ve ever seen... if u DO get proven to be guilty of toggling i might even ask u to send me the hacks so i can train on spotting them!!!
    anyways man... i actually HOPE u're not hacking... u;re a reg here, and i hate putting ppl in the spot like now, and i dnt randomly post ban threads about ppl (check my previous posts), i only ban ppl that REALLY hack or are most likely hacking...
    so : sorry for the ban , but i do think u toggle, and i will ask all other admins to downlaod first demo there and watch it...and make their judgement...that is all.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    and i dnt randomly post ban threads about ppl (check my previous posts), i only ban ppl that REALLY hack or are most likely hacking...
    Um... Yes you do.... And your bans seem to always get highly debated. ... So dont try to make this guy think you are some super admin that has tons of respect, because in my eyes i dont know why you're still here. Oh ya! Because your beloved hacks server fell thru. Im tired of your attitude, and that Hax in your name lost you any cred from me.

On topic ... Judging from what was discussed in the other thread, i believe the ban needs a review, you sound like a solid player, and we have lost too many solid players due to dumbass admins with no eye for hackers banning good players. I will personally review the demo, and see if i cant get someone higher up to look at it for you.

Good luck in your apeal.

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i mean a gd player is either always gd or always bad, not so random.
    my best friend who was in a cal-m clan in 1.6 (his skill level was prolly more like cal - p/i though) number one complaint was his inconsistency.

As for your reasonings for going ahead with the ban, like i told dice, i get it, and unfortunately its hard to disprove something like that aside from someone actually living in my area, or teamviewer'ing my comp randomly when someone thought i was actually cheating. I'm not going to lie, i'm even surprised with how things have just clicked for me this time around with CS, but hey... i'm not gonna complain about it either : )

6. Default

I am Supernukeman's friend, I've played on the server a little with him, so you don't have to go finding me here's my steam id and stats:
    STEAM_0:1:97307
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/pub1_stats....php?id=109319

Small background on me, I first played CS when it was in beta (the beta for the half-life mod) and got into it in 1.1 or 1.3, forget which. Basically what's going on here is what has happened to me in the past:
    I worked my skill level up to a certain point, however, I stopped playing, and basically since that time I've played for periods(the longest was about a year) and then taken 6 months to 2 year breaks. I got nuker into the game one of these times and we had 'training days,' i'll call them, where we'd spend hours on aim_map.bsp for CS. I ingrained into him that you aim for the head, if you don't, you die. I apparently got that stick in his head Mind you, this was probably 5 years ago(maybe more, I forget).

So if anyone has not really had the pleasure of taking breaks like this, here is what happens after you come back from a break, sometimes you play at a level that is close or even equal to where you got your skill to originally, and then sometimes the fact that you haven't played for 2 years shows through, and you may as well be using a trackball instead of a mouse (been there, done that, bad call brick btw). The more consistently you play when you come back, the more your skill comes back to the original high that you got it to, but the fact that you're rusty will still show through.

So in short, if getting headshots is wrong, I don't want to be right? >_>

Also, assuming we continue playing on the server, and I start playing more, you're going to see me doing the same things that he's done that's pissed people off (killing people while blinded, headshots galore, shooting people through doors/walls etc). So if this is going to be an issue please say so now...

7. Default

hey faggot he can defend for himself, don't come in here proving his innocents because it will not work. The demo's are the only thing people can go on, because it's real evidence. Till then wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

8. Default

dude relax... that was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. He is my best friend and like i said, i enjoy this community and its a place that we would like to play in, due to there being some skill at place here, as well as decent environment. But those types of comments are what makes it so hard to actually tolerate other gamers these days. There was absolutely zero reason for you to go out of your way and troll there.

9. Default

Its what he does

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

havent watched the demo(s) yet, but noticed a couple unusual things about the player. 1st, kdr is oddly low for a player with a ban request, 1.37 is only slightly above average for ibis pub. 2nd (and more concerning) the players headshot percentage is extremely high (%65), even for a player who has been playing as long and as well as you claim you have been playing. notice in the top 50 there is only a couple players who come close to that kind of ratio, and you are a substantial amount even above those players.

edit: last session is utterly ridiculous no matter how bad the players you were playing against were. 28-3 is understandable opposing shitty players, but the %82 headshot ratio is nearly impossible under normal circumstances