Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gung game and camping...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    what do you mean its not official, its rule 4.
    Excessive camping means making the round take longer then it has to in GG.
    Yes, EXCESSIVE.

If someone goes to the same perch round after round after round, then that's excessive camping.

But it's enforced that one can't stay in one spot for more than 10 seconds.

Otherwise it's considered camping.

Catch the drift I'm coming from?

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

2. Default

I think that, for the most part, it has been left to the discretion of the admin present.

Personally, if I notice someone camping, they get a warning about it. I am not a big fan of slaying people, causing them to lose levels. I prefer to slap them for 0 damage, just to get the message across. It usually takes a few rounds of consistent camp-esque behavior before I get onto them beyond a warning or single slap.

The only camping I nominally am fine with is if the person in question has a zoomed weapon...scout, awp, auto sniper.

As one of the gungame admins I have had to remind myself not to jump the gun (haha) when people linger in one spot, occasionally. I'm not perfect about it, but I think that overall, we have a good thing going, for the most part.

As far as Zero providing a hard and fast definition of camping, from his own perspective that is binding, the only one of which I am aware is the rule in server, no excessive camping.

Now, that being said, someone camping does often piss people off, and if I'm present, I just don't want to let everyone get upset because some guy's using strategy. It does depend on the situation, the map, and if they're genuinely into the game, as opposed to camping around for a simple, and sometimes unfair, advantage.

As far as what has been said about the inspiration behind this thread...I personally would err on solar's side. If the situation transpired like he said, people not getting levels because you were afk on a technicality, while still getting kills yourself...well, I believe that to be a form of cheap gameplay that I wouldn't have permitted, myself. To each their own.

One thing I particularly like about the way IBIS does things is that, for the most part, the admin's discretion is how it goes down. Yes, we have the outlined rules, for a good reason, but the admin has the final call in the moment and will live with the consequences of his judgment.

Happy New Years, all.

3. Default

depends on admin, map and sometimes the game play.

i used to be all about slaying ppl for camping...found out it takes u nowhere...
    nowadays i would warn the person that is DELAYING THE GAME, to stop camping.
    usually with warnings, oral, then chat, then slaps with 0 dmg.

i mean if someone is camping SAME spot everytime, u can just prefire on their ass knowing where they are...
    but if they camp different spots for a LONG time without bothering to either seekout a kill or anything....
    for example, if there are only a couple ppl playing,and rthe guy is still camping... meh i would then slap the "no excessive camping" rule into him.

i do have to say that if i see a person "excessively" camping for days and days and ignoring my requests to stop , i WILL slay/kick/5-min-ban him, not just for camping, but excessively camping AND ignoring admin.

PS: i personally think that the TOS rule about camping should be written in a more elaborate way, and the thread should be commented on with specific cases such as churches or small maps like aim-shotty , or camping towers like in pink_panther, or vent camping like in complex, or house camping in simpsons desert and the streets one maybe? etc..
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I think that, for the most part, it has been left to the discretion of the admin present.

Personally, if I notice someone camping, they get a warning about it. I am not a big fan of slaying people, causing them to lose levels. I prefer to slap them for 0 damage, just to get the message across. It usually takes a few rounds of consistent camp-esque behavior before I get onto them beyond a warning or single slap.

The only camping I nominally am fine with is if the person in question has a zoomed weapon...scout, awp, auto sniper.

As one of the gungame admins I have had to remind myself not to jump the gun (haha) when people linger in one spot, occasionally. I'm not perfect about it, but I think that overall, we have a good thing going, for the most part.

As far as Zero providing a hard and fast definition of camping, from his own perspective that is binding, the only one of which I am aware is the rule in server, no excessive camping.

Now, that being said, someone camping does often piss people off, and if I'm present, I just don't want to let everyone get upset because some guy's using strategy. It does depend on the situation, the map, and if they're genuinely into the game, as opposed to camping around for a simple, and sometimes unfair, advantage.

As far as what has been said about the inspiration behind this thread...I personally would err on solar's side. If the situation transpired like he said, people not getting levels because you were afk on a technicality, while still getting kills yourself...well, I believe that to be a form of cheap gameplay that I wouldn't have permitted, myself. To each their own.

One thing I particularly like about the way IBIS does things is that, for the most part, the admin's discretion is how it goes down. Yes, we have the outlined rules, for a good reason, but the admin has the final call in the moment and will live with the consequences of his judgment.

Happy New Years, all.

As i stated early this wasnt about camping it was about not playing he was not playing he was moving his mouse and shooting just enough to not get kicked from the server. 1 round he would move his mouse and shoot, another he would do nothing. this was about removing a small problem from the server for the time being, players need to be respectful towards other players, and going Afk for at least 7 rounds is not a good way of doing that. and its not about the whole afk thing its about the afk 1 round not the next but then afk then not back and forth. i solved the problem, until he could resolve it himself. end of story. THIS WAS NOT FOR EXCESSIVE CAMPING> this was for being dumb pretty much. if everyone thinks the camping rule should be cleaned up then fine, but no one here should get the idea that he was banned from the server for 5 mins because of excessive camping because not one time during the warnings verbally or threw chat did i say stop camping, i said play correctly or get out its not fair for the others players in the server. after all was said and done he didnt leave so it forced my hand cased closed problem solved, unless a clan member or Zero has anything else to add. if your so concerned with the rules read them, and if you dont understand PM the guy who made them for better understanding.

5. Default

I said no names of who banned me, nor is this a damn abuse thread. Yet you feel the need to explain yourself about it. Get the hell over it.
    There is nothing in the Server Rules 1.7 about camping. There is NOTHING there to understand. Maybe you should read them before directing me towards something that does not exist.

All I am wondering about is a clear cut answer.
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    I said no names of who banned me, nor is this a damn abuse thread. Yet you feel the need to explain yourself about it. Get the hell over it.
    There is nothing in the Server Rules 1.7 about camping. There is NOTHING there to understand. Maybe you should read them before directing me towards something that does not exist.

All I am wondering about is a clear cut answer.
    I am not explaining myself i am explaining what exactly happened.

SINCE YOU USED MY BAN AS AN EXAMPLE TO ASK THE QUESTION ABOUT CAMPING I AM SIMPLY STATING YOU WERE NOT BANNED FOR CAMPING (SO GET OVER YOURSELF.)

and as others have said camping is deciding by the admin since a base rule has not been made and you shoudl respect the admins wishes for not camping.

7. Default

Your explanation has nothing to do with this topic, get over it. I get your explanation and do not disagree with it, other than the stupid part. Either way this is a question on camping, not why I was banned.

Admin's do not make server rules, but I do respect their decision until one is stated.

Question still unanswered.
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-02-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Your explanation has nothing to do with this topic, get over it. I get your explanation and do not disagree with it, other than the stupid part. Either way this is a question on camping, not why I was banned.

Admin's do not make server rules, but I do respect their decision until one is stated.

here is the answer:

if an admin tels you to stop, do it. then, if you have a problem with it, come here to the forums. do not try to start something in-game, as that will get you in trouble.

literally, that's the best you will get. zero's rules state no excessive camping. however, what is excessive becomes up to the admins
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Allowed or not?

Was on the phone today (couldn't use keyboard or listen on headphones)on deagle map on gg while just camping in spawn and taking any kills that passed me by (hard to believe I got so many lol). 5 min ban (no kick) for camping in the open at spawn free for all to own me. I lol.

As far as I remember Zero said he did not care as you are pretty much a sitting duck and a free kill. What is the definite ruling on this?

This is why it has to do with me, im the one you used as an example im the one who banned you! you used my ban again you to arise the question of camping in gungame, but your too dumb to realize your question has been answered by at least 3 people, the admins make the no camping rule to their discretion, and until Zero can get on and Give you a definite answer Stfu.

your question has been answered! so STFU. if you have been around as long as you claim you should know these rules and have base guidelines by now. and my explanation is of what happened in the server when i banned you. you gave a dumb-ass vague description from your point of view and i fill in all the blanks you left out. if you wanted to use an example of excessive camping to ask a question about it fine but the ban is a dumb example considering it had nothing to do with camping. but the second you brought that up is the second i got involved. and you dont respect admins decision, just look at how you flame admins in the server, and how you called abuse on Maynard because you got muted.

if your definition of your question getting answered is each admin posting whether or not they allow camping your gonna be waiting for a long time. I MYSELF DO NOT ALLOW CAMPING UNLESS ITS WIth a scoped weapon. AND IF YOUR IN THE SAME SPOT ROUND AFTER ROUND YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR GONNA GET SLAYED. MOST ADMINS FOLLOW THAT GUIDELINE, BUT EACH ONE HAS A DIFFERENT IDEA OF WHAT THEY CONSIDER EXCESSIVE CAMPING AND EACH ONE HAS A DIFFERENT PUNISHMENT FOR IT.

10. Default

That shit with Maynard is irrelevent and has nothing to do with this. Why evn bring that old shit into this. I asked a question, not for you to go off running at the mouth about stupid bullshit. My my you are an angry person. You must walk crooked with that stick so far up your ass.
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-03-2011 at 08:35 AM.