Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gung game and camping...

1. Question Gung game and camping...

Allowed or not?

Was on the phone today (couldn't use keyboard or listen on headphones)on deagle map on gg while just camping in spawn and taking any kills that passed me by (hard to believe I got so many lol). 5 min ban (no kick) for camping in the open at spawn free for all to own me. I lol.

As far as I remember Zero said he did not care as you are pretty much a sitting duck and a free kill. What is the definite ruling on this?
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

omg.

You're drunk!

LOL!

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Allowed or not?

Was on the phone today (couldn't use keyboard or listen on headphones)on deagle map on gg while just camping in spawn and taking any kills that passed me by (hard to believe I got so many lol). 5 min ban (no kick) for camping in the open at spawn free for all to own me. I lol.

As far as I remember Zero said he did not care as you are pretty much a sitting duck and a free kill. What is the definite ruling on this?
    I'll try to answer that in my own way. Every ADMIN interprets that situation differently.
    For alot of us it is: -The map
    - the amount of of excessive time one spends in a specific area not conducive to finish gameplay (And w/o the proper gun - Scout or single action AWP)
    - A player being a consistent offender after repeated warnings day, after day after day
    - whether we feel theres' just a plain and blatent disprespect for the ADMINi issueing the demand.
    -Is it holding up gameplay
    -and these are just a few + enough to get our blood boiling

if you get these scenarios and ADMIMN's decision of a ban, (and disagre)
    I would take it to the Forums (In the right sectuion} and let the general populous, and let the Guid memberts and le the the judge. Just don't bother posting if is a REAL triviality(OR offensiveivr)unless you have supporting eveicence (a demo hat proves riy corecct)

And you like attention cu that too is a mark againsf u.

Meanwhile - Don't DISPUTE, or argue with the ADMIN becase that will only get you a more lenghty timout and by he time your ban is i over. you would hahge move on top pg the different subject, including the bigtimimee lostime lust th you do

PS- If you have bertter ideas toadd, pleaae feel free to post sonsrtructiver!

DeadEye
    Hope this helps.(any classe)

All classes
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 01-02-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    I'll try to answer that in my own way. Every ADMIN interprets that situation differently.
    For alot of us it is: -The map
    - the amount of of excessive time one spends in a specific area not conducive to finish gameplay (And w/o the proper gun - Scout or single action AWP)
    - A player being a consistent offender after repeated warnings day, after day after day
    - whether we feel theres' just a plain and blatent disprespect for the ADMINi issueing the demand.
    -Is it holding up gameplay
    -and these are just a few + enough to get our blood boiling

if you get these scenarios and ADMIMN's decision of a ban, (and disagre)
    I would take it to the Forums (In the right sectuion} and let the general populous, and let the Guid memberts and le the the judge. Just don't bother posting if is a REAL triviality(OR offensiveivr)unless you have supporting eveicence (a demo hat proves riy corecct)

And you like attention cu that too is a mark againsf u.

Meanwhile - Don't DISPUTE, or argue with the ADMIN becase that will only get you a more lenghty timout and by he time your ban is i over. you would hahge move on top pg the different subject, including the bigtimimee lostime lust th you do

PS- If you have bertter ideas toadd, pleaae feel free to post sonsrtructiver!

DeadEye
    Hope this helps.(any classe)

All classes
    Started off good and from what I could comprehend of it, I agree.

I allow 'camping' in any situation unless it interferes with game play such as prolonging rounds. It is a strategic move that can work to your benefit if done properly and not to piss people off. The people that rage at these strategic moves are the ones who get killed repeatedly by falling into the same trap over and over again.

But DED I must ask, are you drunk?
    Fear is a Liar.

5. Default

Not to rage on anyone but it wasnt for excessive camping i banned for 5 mins because i thought he was being a dick and ignoring me when i told him to get out of spawn. what happened was people complained that they would kill steamer and it counted as afk all the while he was still getting kills on his own he was using his mouse to look and shoot but did not move out of place. i warned 2-3 in chat as well as verbal warnings to either play or get out. i said initially it would be a 30 min ban( that was a scare tactic).OMG bears was in the server at the time and speced him for me this is how i knew he was getting kills but was standing in place each round this happened over a period of 7-8 rounds. i didnt kick because i didnt want him rejoining and pissing people off the server was full and if he was going to come right back after being kicked it wouldnt give someone else a fair chance to play. so i issued a 5 min ban. in my eyes it was perfectly legit. he was on the phone and was not playing to his fullest ability therefore taking a server slot and annoying people. he says he was on the phone thats fine , next time either move to spec or leave the server. I thought he was ignoring me as an admin since he does question admins in WCS alot. I just recommend if your not paying attention either move to spec till your able to play or leave the server until then. all the people who play with me know im not the type to take shit from anyone and i try to eliminate problems before they get any worse.

6. Default

Na, wasn't being a dick, just didn't see the chat and could not hear anything. I apologize if you took it as so. It shouldn't of counted as afk as my mouse was moving the entire time, weird if it did. I could care less about the ban nor am I complaining about it or disagree with it. I don't see how it was disrupting game play either unless the kills really didn't count against me. I do not question admins in WCS alot. As far as I can remember it was 1 single admin.

I can't find one rule about camping in GG on these forums.

Still, what is the answer?

Not to sound like a dick, but I would like an answer from someone that actually matters. All I can find are post from people that do saying they don't care if you camp and are just offering yourself up as a kill.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Na, wasn't being a dick, just didn't see the chat and could not hear anything. I apologize if you took it as so. It shouldn't of counted as afk as my mouse was moving the entire time, weird if it did. I could care less about the ban nor am I complaining about it or disagree with it. I don't see how it was disrupting game play either unless the kills really didn't count against me. I do not question admins in WCS alot. As far as I can remember it was 1 single admin.

I can't find one rule about camping in GG on these forums.

Still, what is the answer?

Not to sound like a dick, but I would like an answer from someone that actually matters. All I can find are post from people that do saying they don't care if you camp and are just offering yourself up as a kill.
    There isn't an official rule written down about camping not being allowed, but the only reason why I enforce the rule is because Zero said it wasn't allowed in GG one day way back when.

I don't know why he never wrote it down, and if he did, I never found it.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post

There isn't an official rule written down about camping not being allowed, but the only reason why I enforce the rule is because Zero said it wasn't allowed in GG one day way back when.

I don't know why he never wrote it down, and if he did, I never found it.
    what do you mean its not official, its rule 4.
    Excessive camping means making the round take longer then it has to in GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    what do you mean its not official, its rule 4.
    Excessive camping means making the round take longer then it has to in GG.
    the thing that is in question is the "excessive" part. for me, if someone's camping more than 2 rounds in a row, i'll say something, start enforcing after that. there are a few exceptions, such as churches, but in general it all depends on the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Rule 4 deals with teleporting...

Am I missing some other rule set?