Thread: Comcast

1. Default Comcast

Doe's anyone else here get extremely fed up with them but there is nothing you can do since they legally monopolize your area?

So... My On Demand hasn't worked well in over a year... screw it... don't sit and watch tv anyway..., but today I got a DVR so i could at least enjoy some History and Discovery shows that I like to watch...

Now my On Demand hasn't worked because of STB IP/Sub issues...
    I Have their Internet plan and it works fine....
    Now my damn DVR wont work because they still haven't sorted out the STB IP/Sub issue.

This shit is beyond ridiculous... all they do is give me bullshit about sending a signal... never works and I tell them it wont and to come check the CMT outside. So... they say they sent someone out and he never showed up -_-.
    Today the guy that delivered my DVR said ohh... it will work they have to send a "grand slam" signal to my box... Ok... I gave him the benefit of the doubt since cable cable cards aren't my specialty and I don't know much about them.

4 hours later... Nothing... I call CS and they continue to tell me I need a signal... So I say "Seriously? Send someone out AGAIN."

Rage/Rant over... but c'mon.... Seriously?

Edit: Also the box they delivered has a DEAD HD after reviewing diagnostics and hearing the think tick like a clock... awesome! -_-
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-04-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

I don't have Comcast, nor do I know much about them, but I know how you feel.

Time Warner Cable monopolises my area and it's shitty as fuck.

We have everything, but really only use the internet, and since I'm on a desktop, I'm hooked up with the cable, but my internet still goes in and out.

I don't understand it.

When I get my credit in good standing, I'm going to switch to Verizon Fios.

My parents have it and it's so amazing, but of course it's expensive...

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

the main service providers in my area are comcast and verizon. imo they both suck ass but verizon is much worse in so many ways. comcast has more reliable service in all areas (tv, internet, phone) i was so fed up with verizons services in these three areas i almost tried to opt out of my cellphone contract because of that

4. Default

I don't think I've ever had a good experience with Comcast. Every part of their Internet product is full of failure at every stage, and they deliberately choose not to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    i was so fed up with verizons services in these three areas i almost tried to opt out of my cellphone contract because of that
    Lol, that's a whole different beast.

Fios isn't hooked to my area... just everywhere around me... -_-

I would give it the 30 day run if it were.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Lol, that's a whole different beast.

Fios isn't hooked to my area... just everywhere around me... -_-

I would give it the 30 day run if it were.
    yea it seems the area does affect it some though. my friend (who lives like 10 miles north of me) says he gets almost perfect service in all three areas from fios. eh what can u do? :P

7. Default

Comcast was terrible when they had a monopoly on cable here, now that there is competition in my area, they are absolutely amazing, however basic cable (TV) still leaves something to be desired, but eh, we are on the cheapest package and we get 80 some channels still.

Comcast is great except where they have a monopoly is all I can say, they just become lazy in those areas... there should NEVER be legalized monopolies.
    there internet is really nice, pay for 16 down, but get 20, only thing that annoys me is the 250Gb bandwith cap, that I pray gets removed or raised soon as more and more people are streaming 1080 and 720 videos

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

8. Default

I had that problem with Verizon....i dropped them after my internet failed for the 6th time in 2 months.

Switched over the Time Warner Cable about 4 years ago and never had a problem, true their prices are ridiculous but the service is amazing
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

9. Default

It was a bad filter... Took them 8+ months to figure it out.

10. Default

comcast was an monopoly here to. But Knology finally came in to compete. Knology service is not as fast or quite as nice as comcast. But support has been very good with no problems with anything. and if there is problem in matter of 2 hours they have it fixed..... no matter what time of day it is in most cases.