Thread: Wcs keeps crashing

1. Default Wcs keeps crashing

Hey Zero, the wcs server keeps crashing randomly. It has been happening a lot lately.

2. Default

As shown in the recent post in discussions the latest valve update has greatly reduced server stability. In addition you will note that it was "supposed" to fix an exploit. In fact it not only did not fix the exploit it made it worse and also further publicized the fact that there is an exploit that has no fix.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I should note that later in the week I am going to try to code a script that will hopefully help me pin down crashes that are caused by races by constantly recording what races are being used so I can see what the combination was prior to a crash. This will enable trend analysis that should narrow down causes of crashes.

3. Default

Yea it's been crashing about every 30-45minutes last night. I wonder what's causing it though something loose or lost in some of coding of the mod maybe..

4. Default

Dealing with the server crashes is annoying, but bearable considering it's mostly beyond your realm of control... what is really annoying is when the admins change up the map 5-10 seconds into the server restart at de_dust2. We end up loosing 5-10 players who get stuck in perma-load.

Most of them know to wait a few rounds and toss up a vote map, but it really gets annoying when one just takes it upon themselves to change map 1 or two rounds after server crashes

Quote Originally Posted by H.Bitch View Post
    Dealing with the server crashes is annoying, but bearable considering it's mostly beyond your realm of control... what is really annoying is when the admins change up the map 5-10 seconds into the server restart at de_dust2. We end up loosing 5-10 players who get stuck in perma-load.

Most of them know to wait a few rounds and toss up a vote map, but it really gets annoying when one just takes it upon themselves to change map 1 or two rounds after server crashes
    Assuming zero hasnt found a fix, the sudden map change after the server crashes is due to the fact that it will continue crashing if it isnt immediatly changed from the server start up map.
    Personal reform

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Assuming zero hasnt found a fix, the sudden map change after the server crashes is due to the fact that it will continue crashing if it isnt immediatly changed from the server start up map.
    If it's changing from dust2 to dust2 again, then... what he said. As soon as the first person's XP is loaded, the map is automatically changed to prevent continued crashing. If it's changing to a different map, then that's one fast admin. I have seen admins change back to the map that was being played prior to the crash, and I don't really see an issue with doing that, though maybe it's a good idea to wait a minute before doing so, to reduce load issues.

That said, getting stuck in loading is easily fixed by simply canceling and reconnecting, which I would think most people would know. I've never had issues getting stuck loading while reconnecting to WCS, but I'm also usually one of the first people to load in... so that may be why.

7. Default

I will also point out that the recent valve updates opened up a lot of new exploits that I have seen being used to crash and lag up servers very easily. So be on the lookout

8. Default

Maybe the crashing has something to do with mole-ing. I was playing not fiv eminutes ago when i challenged someone to a knife fight, i changed my race to warden randomly so as to have a fair knife fight (note: i was playing raiden prior) and it said it was going to mole me, but crashed right before it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    -insert MY vagalion here-