Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: rift

1. Default

Cool! I'm so 'cite!

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    I'm so 'cite!
    tee hee!

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Price?
    is it F2P after initial price?

is it worth the money =/
    Personal reform

4. Default

price is the same as any new game. 49.99. There is a montly fee just like with aion of 14.99. Is it worth the money? That is a matter of opinion. I say yes.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

5. Default

For someone like me who is a jobless college student, I would say no. Just try it out if there's a free trial or something, analyze your financial situation, and make a decision based off that.

BTW...Hi owns!

EDIT: I seriously can't recommend a pay to play MMO. If you look, there are a whole lot of really good free to play ones out there. I spent some time looking for one when I got to college because I had no money but a lot of time on my hands. There's Runes of Magic (a bit of a WoW clone, but solid mechanics and some interesting twists), Allods Online (very solid, again a bit of a WoW clone and cash shop issues, but a lot of potential), and now some previously pay to play games are going free, such as LotRO and Champions Online. http://mmohut.com/ has tons of free games listed that you can look into with reviews and youtube is always a good reference point for gameplay previews. Right now I'm downloading Forsaken World, which is in closed beta right now, but it is and will be free to play. Just something to look into.
    Last edited by brett friggin favre; 03-01-2011 at 09:43 PM.

6. Default

lol there isn't a single good free mmo out there. there might be some that are ok. but in terms of competing with a pay 2 play they don't even come remotely close

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    lol there isn't a single good free mmo out there. there might be some that are ok. but in terms of competing with a pay 2 play they don't even come remotely close
    You'd be surprised. Sure they're not perfect, they're not gonna be quite as polished as the pay to play ones, but for being FREE instead of paying $180 a year just in subscription fees...they're worth trying at least. Especially for a poor college kid.

8. Default

I wouldn't be surprised cause ive played all the top ranked free mmo's and though they claim 2 be free and they are 2 play. you basically have 2 eventually make the choice in the majority of them 2 quit playing or spend money.

they set it up so you can play for free, but you'll always be a bitch unless you give them some money 2 get what you need. if free mmo's were so amazing, then pay 2 play ones wouldn't exist for obvious reasons.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised cause ive played all the top ranked free mmo's and though they claim 2 be free and they are 2 play. you basically have 2 eventually make the choice in the majority of them 2 quit playing or spend money.

they set it up so you can play for free, but you'll always be a bitch unless you give them some money 2 get what you need. if free mmo's were so amazing, then pay 2 play ones wouldn't exist for obvious reasons.
    I'm not saying they're amazing, just an excellent choice for the thrifty gamer. Also, advantages for paying players can be overcome with more play and more skill. You still may not be quite as powerful as the other paying players, but I have always enjoyed a challenge. After playing WoW for some time, I was getting less and less out of it because the challenge simply wears off, and the added challenge provided in a free MMO would be a welcome addition.

10. Default

Aika

it's excellent. Leveling is very slow, but you absolutely do not need to pay at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?