Page 114 of 124 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1234

Thread: Official Minecraft Server thread

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Multiverse, 2 worlds, don't need two servers.
    If I remember correctly when I was playing with multiverse mods it actually is 2 servers but the portal or the command switches you servers. Depending on the mod it can be on the same box or it can be elsewhere.
    But I do also think there is a multiverse mod where it loads both maps on one server.
    What I found is that when you have 5+ people on both maps if on the same minecraft server it starts lagging pretty bad.
    Point being that there are or have been mods for doing it both ways but if you run 2 diff minecraft servers (on the same physical box or not) it lags a lot less.

2. Default

What he said.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

i can see the two worlds on the same server simular to nether world and End world, but the big things is getting the mods to differentiate between worlds and rules. Cause you set server mods the the server not a map. So that can be very tricky to get it right.

Also it looks like everyone had the server memory maxed out yesterday between 16:00 and 18:00. currious to here if there was lot of lag or not and if I need to upgrade the system.

Secondly i have got a email from the server company yesterday stating:

We're going to be taking the network down for maintenance on Tuesday, April 10th at 12 AM CST for approximately 45 minutes. During this time, connections may be intermittent, but don't rely on the connections until the window is over. This maintenance is to solve the lag issues that were occurring a few days ago and allow us to filter most DDoS attacks. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
    John Marion
    General Manager

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    i can see the two worlds on the same server simular to nether world and End world, but the big things is getting the mods to differentiate between worlds and rules. Cause you set server mods the the server not a map. So that can be very tricky to get it right.
    I don't even think that would be possible. I think the most you could do if you were to run it like that is have good permissions running and not give permissions to anyone on the creative server for the mods you don't want on there. The mods would still be running in the background though and would likely cause issues. Again, running 2 different minecraft servers (same physical box or not) would fix that issue. You could have whatever mods you want pointing to what server you want.

5. Default

The memory issue yesterday was some moron deciding to spawn 45,000 blocks of TNT and detonating them. As a result I have globally disabled all use of TNT from moderators and builders.I have to fix the map as it is completely bugged at this time.

Mag I can set permissions between the two really easily. The way I have the permissions are set up I can define permissions per map instead of on a global scale. When I get home today I will start working on that once I am able o repair the map. -- I think that if we are going to want to do something like that, we will need to have them allocate more ram so we don't get bogged down. As I said when I get home tonight I will try it after I fix the first map and then see how it goes.

Todo List
    - fix shops so that they don't bug out.
    - allow ulm's and moderators to teleport themselves around.
    - set up multi verse for multiple realms (more than likely have to up the amount of ram for it to work properly approx)
    - set up permissions for multiple realms and moderatorse
    - set up sethome to use a mysql database
    - implement shop system log into a mysql to lighten load and stop writing to a .log file.

update 4/8/12
    -mysql database is using the tables properly instead of continiously creating new files and replacing things it already has.
    -Fixed permissions to allow moderators limited permissions without giving them op (Defined by local map)
    -Allowed permissions for the sethome command for general users - also ensured t they arent able to pass the global cooldown.
    Global moderators and administrators are now allowed to bypass the cooldown on set home
    -World Guard not properly saving zones to the mysql database.
    -Portal system will now properly port you from city without obnoxious cooldown timers.
    -Implemented ranking system for different levels of staff on local

Owner
    Developers
    -Builders
    Upper Level Moderators (Nothing to do with CSS or ibis)
    Moderators
    Players

I hope to have the server out of beta soon, but as the end of my semester draws closer We will have to see what happens!
    Last edited by Rezel; 04-09-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Rezel<ibis>: i'll make a self reliant artificial intelligence to deal with admins... I'll call it maynard 1.0 a exact replica of his personality to kick the shit out of bad admins..
    maynard<ibis>: an army of AI maynards.... this pleases me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezel View Post
    The memory issue yesterday was some moron deciding to spawn 45,000 blocks of TNT and detonating them. As a result I have globally disabled all use of TNT from moderators and builders.I have to fix the map as it is completely bugged at this time.

Mag I can set permissions between the two really easily. The way I have the permissions are set up I can define permissions per map instead of on a global scale. When I get home today I will start working on that once I am able o repair the map. --

Todo List
    - fix shops so that they don't bug out.
    - allow ulm's and moderators to teleport themselves around.
    - set up multi verse for multiple realms (more than likely have to up the amount of ram for it to work properly approx)
    - set up permissions for multiple realms and moderatorse
    - set up sethome to use a mysql database
    - implement shop system log into a mysql to lighten load and stop writing to a .log file.

update 4/8/12
    -mysql database is using the tables properly instead of continiously creating new files and replacing things it already has.
    -Fixed permissions to allow moderators limited permissions without giving them op (Defined by local map)
    -Allowed permissions for the sethome command for general users - also ensured t they arent able to pass the global cooldown.
    Global moderators and administrators are now allowed to bypass the cooldown on set home
    -World Guard not properly saving zones to the mysql database.
    -Portal system will now properly port you from city without obnoxious cooldown timers.
    -Implemented ranking system for different levels of staff on local

Owner
    Developers
    -Builders
    Upper Level Moderators (Nothing to do with CSS or ibis)
    Moderators
    Players

I hope to have the server out of beta soon, but as the end of my semester draws closer We will have to see what happens!
    Keep up the good work!!!

will there be applications for specific spots on the rank system? the slow grind kills me, im a talented builder not gatherer ):
    Personal reform

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Keep up the good work!!!

will there be applications for specific spots on the rank system? the slow grind kills me, im a talented builder not gatherer ):
    ^^ This.

8. Default

I will properly have some type of design where you can apply for things, moderators will not be able to build, only kick and ban.

I am going to when i get home try and make the build and other one work, I just need to set it up and done.

It will look something like this:

Name:

What position are you going for:

How Long you have played our server

Have you ever been banned, and why?

Convince us in no less than a paragraph why you are right for that position and what makes us want to bring you onboard
    compared to the others who applied?

Rezel<ibis>: i'll make a self reliant artificial intelligence to deal with admins... I'll call it maynard 1.0 a exact replica of his personality to kick the shit out of bad admins..
    maynard<ibis>: an army of AI maynards.... this pleases me.

9. Default

Name: Steamr

What position are you going for: God

How Long you have played our server? Long enough.

Have you ever been banned, and why? No

Convince us in no less than a paragraph why you are right for that position and what makes us want to bring you on board
    compared to the others who applied? It's me.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

10. Default

Server is down for some unknown reason. I need to head to school soon so I don't know if I can fix it at the moment.

I'm not even able to access the FTP. So I'm guessing they're doing server maintenance.. Still..?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.