Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1234

Thread: Official Minecraft Server thread

1. Default

Only 10 minutes after it went public, we already have griefers

2. Default

I wouldn't call that griefing. Day 1 was a success. We learned a variety of things to improve on and learned that players genuinely were able to enjoy themselves.

Before I begin advertising more, I'd like to complete a few things though. Even though the server is operational, organization will become a key aspect towards success.

We need:
    -This website to have a section for us, or we need to decide if we should create our own. But I, and the rest of the team is strongly against that simply because we want this to be an extension of IBIS.
    -A trailer video. I am capable of recording and editing, but I'm not sure how to make this one "Stand out."
    -A max size 50kb and dimensions 468 wide 60 tall pixels banner for the server. Any volunteers?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I wouldn't call that griefing. Day 1 was a success. We learned a variety of things to improve on and learned that players genuinely were able to enjoy themselves.

Before I begin advertising more, I'd like to complete a few things though. Even though the server is operational, organization will become a key aspect towards success.

We need:
    -This website to have a section for us, or we need to decide if we should create our own. But I, and the rest of the team is strongly against that simply because we want this to be an extension of IBIS.
    -A trailer video. I am capable of recording and editing, but I'm not sure how to make this one "Stand out."
    -A max size 50kb and dimensions 468 wide 60 tall pixels banner for the server. Any volunteers?
    Perhaps highlighting the two separate entities within the server (RPG and build) mode would make it stand out!

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

4. Default

For some reason my character data keeps getting switched, or the world keeps getting changed on me. Right now when I join the server I spawn at my original island home. This is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened.

I still can't find my first house I built in the jungle near spawn, maybe it got deleted during the host change.
    Last edited by mrhappypenguin; 05-17-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhappypenguin View Post
    For some reason my character data keeps getting switched, or the world keeps getting changed on me. Right now when I join the server I spawn at my original island home. This is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened.

I still can't find my first house I built in the jungle near spawn, maybe it got deleted during the host change.
    use this to look for it
    http://ibismc.game.nfoservers.com:8112/#

also, try typing /sethome
    Personal reform

6. Default

The weird thing is that the island I currently spawn on is set to my home, even though I set home to the other island. Also my inventory gets reset or changes to what is was previously.

I had also slept in my bed on the other island so I tried deing, but I just spawn back to this island (although I do like this one better, I can't see land in any direction).

I'll look at the map when I get home.

Btw Mikey, when are you on the server? I never see you. In fact, I haven't seen anyone on for 3 or more weeks now.

EDIT: I was using the old IP address, that explains everything. I also use two clients, one's on my flashdrive and that one has the right IP.
    Last edited by mrhappypenguin; 05-17-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhappypenguin View Post
    The weird thing is that the island I currently spawn on is set to my home, even though I set home to the other island. Also my inventory gets reset or changes to what is was previously.

I had also slept in my bed on the other island so I tried deing, but I just spawn back to this island (although I do like this one better, I can't see land in any direction).

I'll look at the map when I get home.

Btw Mikey, when are you on the server? I never see you. In fact, I haven't seen anyone on for 3 or more weeks now.

EDIT: I was using the old IP address, that explains everything. I also use two clients, one's on my flashdrive and that one has the right IP.
    most of us are D3 playing, im on sporadically!
    Personal reform

8. Default

when people try to place water fucks up the server fair warning

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

9. Default

It doesn't mess the server up, it just prevents you from using buckets with lava or water. Rezel will work on fixing it soon.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

It is now fixed!
    Personal reform