Page 49 of 124 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Minecraft Server thread

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post

Christmas and I got griefed quite a bit. We have our castles built 50/50 wood and stone. We like the look. Someone sets fire to it.

How are we supposed to counter that from being griefed? Use all of our resources and build a stupid fucking wall?.
    i built a wall and someone still set my house on fire...that is why i havnt played much minecraft, at least till we get all this shit sorted out.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Me Haha View Post
    Let's get this straight... no one wolf and/or I invited is a griefer. Those people who are griefing can easily just google "minecraft ip" and get a whole damn list of ip addresses. That's most likely what happened. But as mag36 said:

And besides, there are two times of communities: those that try to best other communities, and those made to have fun. I'm pretty sure we don't go around challenging other communities, instead, we play to have fun. Am I wong? If this community is a place for people to befriend others and play with them on css (or minecraft) then why is everyone not giving others the benefit of the doubt? Why is it you automatically assume everyone know don't know is an enemy? And if I, or Stealth do end up doing something against the rules: ban us. Now can't we all just be friends and not try to kill eachother over a game and have fun?
    Our fucking problems started when you guys came in and invited your whole fucking family, that's why.

We want to get along, but you guys keep making excuses trying to wriggle out of shit.

@Blackout:

Then that idea is scrapped. I'm tired of logging in everyday hoping my stuff is still there.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post

Worst part is, we shouldn't HAVE to do that. We should be able to build with no worries.

But when people bring friends who bring friends, and things get out of control, then who are we supposed to blame? Ourselves?

No, that makes no sense.This server was for the community. Not everyones friends.

Christmas and I got griefed quite a bit. We have our castles built 50/50 wood and stone. We like the look. Someone sets fire to it.

How are we supposed to counter that from being griefed? Use all of our resources and build a stupid fucking wall?

Y'all are making excuses for your friends griefing.

That's what I'm tired of.
    Build a bridge to your castle? Make a lava moat? There are lots of solutions. Figure one out. If you build it big, expect it to break big if it is to be tampered with. Don't expect to build something big and it stat intact big forever. Maintenance is part of the game. Without it, everyone would have quit minecraft by now.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5v View Post
    Build a bridge to your castle? Make a lava moat? There are lots of solutions. Figure one out. If you build it big, expect it to break big if it is to be tampered with. Don't expect to build something big and it stat intact big forever. Maintenance is part of the game. Without it, everyone would have quit minecraft by now.
    It is about collaboration, not trying to block off people from your place.

Also your "solutions" are crap. All a griefer needs is a stack of dirt and a pickaxe to fuck up your stuff, regardless of how you try to defend it.

Also you are wrong about "maintenance". I shouldn't expect people to destroy my stuff on a consistent basis. I continue to play because I have MANY projects I plan on working on. It isn't about making one building then fixing it after someone ruins it.

You don't know what you are talking about.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post

Also your "solutions" are crap. All a griefer needs is a stack of dirt and a pickaxe to fuck up your stuff, regardless of how you try to defend it.

Also you are wrong about "maintenance". I shouldn't expect people to destroy my stuff on a consistent basis. I continue to play because I have MANY projects I plan on working on. It isn't about making one building then fixing it after someone ruins it.

This.

If I haven't made myself clear, read this.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

6. Default

Guys, what's really pissing me off is that you're blaming every fucking person here. I'm sorry for inviting good friends who aren't griefers. Like i said, people can get the ip off google, it's not that fucking hard. and yea, maintenance is a part of the game, if a creeper blows your shit up: fix it. I'm sorry to bother you when you guys are on your period and i'm sorry that you believe you're going to get griefed by people, but please, give other people a chance. If they grief you: ban them, fix it, and get on with your life. It's a game, treat it as such.
    Last edited by Me Haha; 02-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.

7. Default

Guys, what's really pissing me off is that you're blaming every fucking person here.
    Making things up, much?
    I'm sorry for inviting good friends who aren't griefers.
    You are a guest in Mags server. Act like it. Don't just send the IP out to people who have no allegiance to the community.
    Like i said, people can get the ip off google, it's not that fucking hard.
    There are 1,200 servers in the list. It is actually pretty hard to find one server out of that list.
    and yea, maintenance is a part of the game, if a creeper bows your shit up: fix it.
    Maintenance from griefing is not part of the game. Read.
    I'm sorry to bother you when you guys are on your period and i'm sorry that you believe you're going to get griefed by people, but please, give other people a chance. If they grief you: ban them, fix it, and get on with your life. It's a game, treat it as such.
    If you want people's respect don't act like a douchebag. Telling me that I'm on my period isn't going to make me respect you in the server.

8. Default

Every time I see you log on, it's always "Something is missing, something is wrong, who did this, who did that." Instead of creating such BIG ASS projects that are so SUPER noticeable, why don't you try to make something functional and play around with it? It seems like the people who build functional things have less problems then people who are building WORLD WONDERS. Ever notice that?

9. Default

Every time I see you log on, it's always "Something is missing, something is wrong, who did this, who did that."
    Umm, no?

Instead of creating such BIG ASS projects that are so SUPER noticeable, why don't you try to make something functional and play around with it? It seems like the people who build functional things have less problems then people who are building WORLD WONDERS. Ever notice that?
    What do you mean, "functional?"

I have built bridges that connect my castle to other areas around me to decrease the time to get there. I have built an extensive mining system that allows me to find as many ores as possible without wasting time and resources. I'm currently working on an underground tree farm so I can harvest charcoal.

The last time I've gotten pissed about something was when someone stole half my diamonds two weeks ago. Other than that I've been fine. Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also if I wanted to build things that nobody could ever notice, I'd play singleplayer. Thanks.

10. Default

Making things up, much?

You are a guest in Mags server. Act like it. Don't just send the IP out to people who have no allegiance to the community.

There are 1,200 servers in the list. It is actually pretty hard to find one server out of that list.

Maintenance from griefing is not part of the game. Read.

If you want people's respect don't act like a douchebag. Telling me that I'm on my period isn't going to make me respect you in the server.
    First: I apologize for inviting people with no affiliation to the server, but he is a apart of the community now. And aside form that, Mag said we can invite friends.
    Second: It's a random chance that any griefer can join and fuck shit up.
    Third: I know that, i never said it was.
    Forth: I'm sorry for being a douche, but you started it by pointing fingers at every single person who you didn't know. In all honesty, i was trying to be a friend until that point.
    And lastly: I understand your fear of griefers, i wouldn't want my shit to be destroyed either. But please, at least have the decency to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying let everyone on, just friends of those who are in the clan.

I apologize for the previous post and for saying you're on your period. We're a community and we shouldn't be fighting. Truce?