Thread: computer help

1. Default computer help

i bought the exact same 2 2 gig sticks of ram same brand speed everything my mother board is capable of 16 gigs this would make mine 8 gigs but when i put in the extra 2 sticks i turn my pc on and it turns on but my monitor says no video input when i take them out works fin wtf man

2. Default

okay so i lied the speed is diff the two in my pc now is 1600 the new ones are 1333 am i fucked what do i do?

Quote Originally Posted by brentidge View Post
    okay so i lied the speed is diff the two in my pc now is 1600 the new ones are 1333 am i fucked what do i do?
    You are fucked...lol, jk, probably power supply. What watt psu do you have?

4. Default

Do this, take the 2 that work out, and put the 2 that work into the computer. Turn the computer on and see what you get. If your board beeps, look in the manual and match the beeps with the descriptions to find out what's wrong.

5. Default

if they were two diffrent speeds it will just automatically go to the slower, it still should not shut off your video output
    Last edited by StarsMine; 01-13-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

Brentidge, i got the solution you are looking for!

find a hammer, any size will work but the bigger the better. Start screaming "ITS HAMMER TIME" and smash that computer to peices. than forget about CSS and this IBIS community.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

7. Default

My PC does the same if it fails mem POST. It will then (should) reset bios, PC, and let you in to tweak. You can still get in the bios. It may be necessary for you to manually change voltage and timing to force compatibility. If the RAM is bad it may not post at all.

Side note, when you go looking for the same RAM make sure the SKU / Batch / Bank size number matches your current RAM.

I have a set of same SKU G-Skill (different bank size -_- ) that hiccup every once and a while.
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

The only thing I can think of is maybe you got a bad piece of hardware. Also, are you trying to up the ram on an x86 or x64 system?

9. Default

Its x86, yeash, how long has it been since we made that jump. dont even remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?