Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [FINISH} Gundam 00 - aco's anime review

1. Default [FINISH} Gundam 00 - aco's anime review

Well, i've just (last night actually) finished Gundam 00 (both, 1st and 2nd seasons)

all i can say is wow. This series was fucking amazing. It is easily one of my favorites. At its core, it is a re-imagining of Gundam Wing, with many plot elements similar (several extremely technologically advanced mobile suits descend from space to pass judgement upon the nations of earth and try to end all conflict) but even if you have seen all of Wing (i have, also amazing btw) this series will still surprise you at every turn.

The mecha are nicely designed and most are not outrageous (like almost everything from G Gundam) and are pretty unique. While there are still certain stereotypical elements to them (aka, the main character's gundam holds many secrets, which acivate one by one to make it the most powerful thing ever concieved) in general they are easily distinguished from the other series.

The world is also incredibly believable, featuring a new continuity universe for the series (ifferent from Universal Century, Cosmic Era, After Colony...etc etc) called Arrad Domoni (spelling). This is basically the earth we know, 200 years in the future. Fossil fuels are pretty much gone, so mankind built three massive orbital elevators, supporting a huge array of solar generators, which now power earth.

The animation is excellent. Voice acting, slightly weak in some cases, with certain characters sounding alike, but nowhere close to the worst i've seen. The sound was excellent as well, and the theme songs all tended to be pleasant.

Final:
    If you like pretty much straight mecha shows, then this is a great choice. While it lacks the psychological or personal aspect of shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion or Eureka Seven (my 2 'benchmark' shows) it is nonetheless extremely enjoyable to watch.
    9/10

(watched subbed)

i might put a pic or 2 up later
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Have you seen the movie?

3. Default

You should check out the movie

4. Default

it's set fot "have to watch" on animeplanet ^_^
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

5. Default

Is this the one where the guy goes BURNNING FIIIINGAAAAR?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Is this the one where the guy goes BURNNING FIIIINGAAAAR?
    NO!

that's the retarded-ass Mobile Fighter G Gundam

7. Default

Oh thank god, I'll be sure to definitely check this out then. Mobile Fighter was what kind of turned me off of Gundam. I mean seriously couldn't they had thought of a cool sounding ending move and the main character SPAMS IT ALL THE DAMN TIME WHY DOES HE EVEN TRY.

8. Default

Still my fav gundam series was Gundam Wing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Still my fav gundam series was Gundam Wing.
    wing was amazing, certainly.

strangely, while the voices for the dubbed version of wing didn't fit at first, they seriously grew on me through the show.

protagonist for 00 is basically a heero clone, who becomes human eventually (lets face it, heero never really changed)

10. Default

I'll have to check this out, I lOVED wing, I still have eposides(Japanese) Since like 00'. I even did an english project with the movie endless waltz.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.