Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [FINISH} Gundam 00 - aco's anime review

1. Default

Done.... didnt really like the wings on it :\ i mean you dont need to flap in outer space

2. Default

Also not ony does he need to watch the gundam 00 movie but there are now 3 ovas that are a redo of the entire series. So if you watched the series you need to rewatch it again as the ovas are different.

3. Default

ooo ova's really

4. Default

I have now finished all of gundam 00 the seasons the 3 ovas and the movie. I must say that I really enjoyed the series and found the movie very good as well. The only real issue I have with the movie is I feel that they are sort of ripping off Eureka 7 and I think they could have been a bit more creative in that regard.

5. Default

only thing i didnt like about the movie was how setsuna didnt fight that much

6. Default

I have both seasons of 00 and the movie.
    I must say, the series was good but the movie was an absolute bore.

*edit*
    Much like following in the foot steps of their previous series, like Wing.
    The series would be pretty good but then a movie that doesn't do as well.

I guess, though, that it really comes down to how much character/plot/story development you can put into a movie compared to an entire season.

7. Default

what are you talking about? Endless Waltz was fucking epic!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

I think it comes from what your expecting in a movie, a short story about what occurred after the series or a separate stand along story. Movies like the gundam 00 and endless waltz fit the first definition.

Movies for other series may be a lot stronger and better developed to the point there they can stand alone such as the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya, which while it is after the series you can watch it by itself and understand what is going on.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I think it comes from what your expecting in a movie, a short story about what occurred after the series or a separate stand along story. Movies like the gundam 00 and endless waltz fit the first definition.

Movies for other series may be a lot stronger and better developed to the point there they can stand alone such as the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya, which while it is after the series you can watch it by itself and understand what is going on.
    personally, i want movies set after series-end to be more of the series, but in a 2-hour format.

i wouldn't go out and watch endless waltz or waking the trailblzor, without first finishing the series. that's just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

True, I'd much prefer the anime movie to be geared toward "completing" a series or giving it an alternate ending (Evangelion, as an example).
    But for some reason, I didn't think either of those two Gundam series movies actually gave the original series a completion.
    It felt more like, well back to the same old rutine of "bad-guy" enters and "good-guy" overcomes like in most the Gundam plots.

I will say though, that's generalizing the plots bigtime. Considering in the first half a season xyz could be the "bad-guy" but by the end xyz turns out to be a "good-guy".

Do I expect too much of a mecha franchise? I mean Macross pulls it off well with compilation of OVA's, then series and then movies... Why can't Gundam series pull off good material throughout?

***Edit***
    Maybe I'm too much of an old-fashioned SDF-Macross fan.
    Last edited by kyperioth; 03-05-2011 at 08:37 PM.