Thread: Nomination/RTV Suggestion

Default Nomination/RTV Suggestion

currently there are only a select few maps to nominate from for the rockthevote option. i was wondering if you could make the map selection open to ALL maps currently on the server zero, as none of the new maps are able to be nominated.

thanks for your time and consideration.

2. Default

I dont think its a good idea to bring that up, the last time he did anything in response to this HE MADE THE NOMINATE LIST EVEN SMALLER.

so if he does anything in response to this you'll only probably have 3 maps to choose from, complex, deagle and churches.

this is a thread about the pub kavinsky. keep your negativity out of this thread. thanks.

4. Default

I'm a faggot.
    Last edited by -=NYS=- C.O.; 01-25-2011 at 03:56 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I'm a faggot.
    ok then

I'm a faggot.
    i lol'd

7. Default

Seems like for me nominate never works the first go round. Like, for instance, if we're playing map_x and I nominate map_t, when the rtv comes up, I never ever see map_t that I nominated. It does seem to work if we extend and swap, then nominate, then rtv again. No biggie really. I'll play anything for the most part, just wanted to point that out. Not sure if it's a bug or wut.

8. Default

I'm a faggot.
    Gentlemen, I believe we've been had.

Anyways- On topic.

I don't know if ALL maps would be a good idea, but certainly the standards if they aren't already there. Being an admin, I don't often nominate maps using rtv. Cbbl, Dust2, Office, Italy, Port, Fire, and the like should definitely be on there. When the server wasn't as popular as it was today, and late at night, I used Pub to practice for ESEA without effing up my scores there. It was always super handy to have all the standards on a 100 tick low-ping server. Those are pretty rare.

Of course there should be others to add variety (and I don't mean the Office07 kind of variety) when the server just becomes bored of playing those maps.

We could have an open discussion on favorite maps and try to get a list together for ZERO to consider. What do you guys think?
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

im mainly concerned with the league maps not being available for nomination.

tuscan, russka, scorch, frost, etc...

when i do get a chance to play there is rarely an admin present, and with the current nominations available there isnt much variety.

10. Default

Definitely could use some RTV/nominate tweaking. My top two things:
    • The RTV list needs to support more than 4 choices, maybe 6 or 8.
    • You should be able to nominate more than just the base CS:S maps.