Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Talk to your team only!

1. Default

It could be that it requires you to be alive and thus it is not allowing you to use it until the function that recognizes you as alive works. I can try to use a better function that will be more accurate.

As for your issue with dead talk I can make it so that the dead can only be heard by the dead if that is what you all want. (This could be expanded to spectators but I recommend against it for admin reasons)

2. Default

I can't mute people now using admin ma_mute....

3. Default

OK it now works with the following rules:

1) If your in spec, you can hear everyone and everyone can hear you
    2) If your dead only the dead can hear you but you can hear everyone
    3) If your in team chat only your team can hear you
    4) You default to all talk at the start of every round

4. Default

sweet thanks!

5. Default

Zero,

The new voicetoggle pluggin wasn't working yesterday.

I have one additional suggestion.

I would primarily shut off alltalk before because I was sick and tired of hearing people talk constantly while I was playing. This new pluggin removes my alltalk "off" capability but doesn't provide for a way for me to NOT HEAR people who don't use the team voice option. I am forced to go to my player list and individually mute each one.

I'd like to see the following functionality implemented.

When you opt in for Team Chat, you can only talk to AND hear ONLY your team!

What say you?

6. Default

What if I simply added an advanced mute ability that allows you to just select a player from a list to keep muted for the rest of the map?

7. Default

I wanted to note that I do know that this plugin breaks sometimes and I am working with the SM developers to find a solution.

8. Default

What if I simply added an advanced mute ability that allows you to just select a player from a list to keep muted for the rest of the map?
    my pleas for having the capability to turn off all-talk is not to simply mute a player. I can still do that with the ma_mute command. I want it because I HATE HATE HATE it when I am last on a team and trying to hear the other players to frag them and some shmuck thinks it's ok to start blabbing like the server voice chat is thier personal vent channel.

That's when I used to mash the button I had bound to turn off all-talk.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    my pleas for having the capability to turn off all-talk is not to simply mute a player. I can still do that with the ma_mute command. I want it because I HATE HATE HATE it when I am last on a team and trying to hear the other players to frag them and some shmuck thinks it's ok to start blabbing like the server voice chat is thier personal vent channel.

That's when I used to mash the button I had bound to turn off all-talk.
    I think this solution lies within the fix for the overall problem. When the plugin is working properly, and you are the only person alive on your team, I am almost certain that you cannot hear anyone else at all. Unless the other players on the alive team had "all talk" set to on.

The only way around that one is to allow some sort of admin command that would make that alltalk option not work, and only the team chat work. I would imagine that would be implemented if the server forces all clients to the team chat only mode.

10. Default

I am working on an update for tomorrow along with a beta patch for SM. This will make it so the plug in works correctly. As stated previously I am making it so that the living can not hear the dead which should solve the problem noted above.