Thread: Talk to your team only!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow Talk to your team only!

You now have the ability to talk only to your team even when all talk is on!

You need to enter these commands into your user.cfg file or one line at a time in console.

To have a button that is used only for team chat for example: F to only send voice to your team.
    Code:
    alias +teamonly "voicetoggle;+voicerecord"
    alias -teamonly "voicetoggle;-voicerecord"
    bind f +teamonly
    Alternatively, you can bind a key to be a toggle, then push the normal voice key to talk.
    Code:
    bind f voicetoggle
    Or just say !voicetoggle in chat
    Last edited by ZERO; 01-26-2011 at 03:29 PM.

2. Default

Code has been updated

3. Default

Updated in that I rewrote all of it from scratch.

4. Default

Wow. Thanks so much for that Zero. I literally asked for that last night and it's already implemented. This is the perfect harmony for people who want to have the ability to be tactical without completely eliminating alltalk.

As for it's functionality, here's what I found so far:

Binding it to a key makes it perform the best. !voicetoggle in chat seems to turn it on and immediately back off again.

For anyone having trouble, I bound it by typing this in console:

bind mouse5 "voicetoggle"

If you prefer a different key, type that in place of mouse5.

This will result in that key switching you between teamchat only and alltalk.

I have noticed that there may be a few bugs, as the key does not ALWAYS seem to toggle it on, especially in the first few seconds of the round. I'm gonna test the other way where you have a dedicated key for team and one for alltalk and see if that way works better.

Thanks!
    Last edited by WeApOn; 01-26-2011 at 07:08 PM.

5. Default

That is becuase at round start it reset everyone to have it turned off so that they are on the same slate. However I could try to change that to round end if you guys wanted that instead.

6. Default

Also the say command is probably broken b/c it id done a cheep way via mani. I will add support directly into the mod when I have time.

7. Default

All-talk can be annoying, but if it's only a few people who are really doing all the yapping, then you can just go to the main menu, click Player List, find their name, click it, then click the mute button.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vivid View Post
    All-talk can be annoying, but if it's only a few people who are really doing all the yapping, then you can just go to the main menu, click Player List, find their name, click it, then click the mute button.
    lol Cheese asked that 2 years ago but its all good.

9. Default

Sorry, didn't mean to necro. Still getting used to the format of this forum.

10. Default

Yea ppl get confused with talking in Pub. Like once your dead the ppl alive cant hear ya but dead ppl can hear everything.