Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Zm Rules v3.1

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
    I was wondering about the !block command, people seem to be using it A LOT lately, I've seen it used and people either get tagged or causes mass suicide. Can we add it to the do not use

P.S. everyone can use it, not just admins
    People using it to get others tagged or cause mass suicide is already against the rules per the "blocking" section.

Updated to 2.4 to include the "Map Specific" section along with the specifics for the map ZM_PULSE_TEMPLEOFDOOM_FINAL. Hopefully this section will help curtail unwritten rules and help protect you guys when it comes to regulating the server.

You guys are allowed now, if three or more admins agree, to create "temp" or "unwritten" rules to ensure the server is run smoothly if a rule does not currently exist for it. (For one week) You must let us know so we can make it official. This is by no means a blessing to create anything you want and go rule happy. Don't be that admin.

2. Default

ze_voodo_island_v7/v8_5

Zombies that are teleported in the cage cannot be shot at by humans.

The reason for this is that if enough ct's shoot at the zombies in the cage the round can be won before going to the 2nd island and the zombies in the cage are basically free kills.
    Attachment 5318
    Tick 8000 sows one incident where not much can be done about it ingame
    Last edited by TheFallen927; 03-24-2012 at 08:05 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen927 View Post
    ze_voodo_island_v7/v8_5

Zombies that are teleported in the cage cannot be shot at by humans.

The reason for this is that if enough ct's shoot at the zombies in the cage the round can be won before going to the 2nd island and the zombies in the cage are basically free kills.
    I have seen this enforced by several admins, so I assumed it was a rule already.
    There are several maps where zombies are forced into cages, and like you mention fallen, if enough ct's blast at them they will surely die and map is over.

4. Default

Well not entirely all weapons can blast trough but most use the Machine gun which can. Problem with this new set rule is going to be especially on island 3 and when allot of zombies are already on low hp is that everyone passing by is going to shoot them and there will be deaths there always is.

This rule will be tricky when it comes down by enforcing it where do we draw the line what can and what can't in my opinion every admin can in participate this differently that way it will be hard to draw one constructive line that will be clear enough for all players. Normally what I do is asking people to stop or slap them slaying them for something that isn't really punishable is just unfair. Also there are just too many people who never read the rules and just do monkey see monkey do as admin do we have to slay everyone who attempt this? then we basic can slay half the amount of people.

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    Well not entirely all weapons can blast trough but most use the Machine gun which can. Problem with this new set rule is going to be especially on island 3 and when allot of zombies are already on low hp is that everyone passing by is going to shoot them and there will be deaths there always is.

This rule will be tricky when it comes down by enforcing it where do we draw the line what can and what can't in my opinion every admin can in participate this differently that way it will be hard to draw one constructive line that will be clear enough for all players. Normally what I do is asking people to stop or slap them slaying them for something that isn't really punishable is just unfair. Also there are just too many people who never read the rules and just do monkey see monkey do as admin do we have to slay everyone who attempt this? then we basic can slay half the amount of people.
    i view it as violating the 3rd rule in the 'other' category.

"During escape maps, humans must leave the spawn area and complete the map objective.Humans that stay in spawn with the intent on killing the first zombie is prohibited"

and yes, i do enforce it. if told to stop by anex or rezel, i will. but i feel it quite clearly violates the above rule. perhaps the rule could be ammended to "in escape maps, the CT's must GET ON WITH IT!! staying back with the sole purpose of killing zombies is prohibited."
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

When i was admin i enforced this rule, a round or two of being frozen and awaiting the horde is a good deterrent for this.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i view it as violating the 3rd rule in the 'other' category.

"During escape maps, humans must leave the spawn area and complete the map objective.Humans that stay in spawn with the intent on killing the first zombie is prohibited"

and yes, i do enforce it. if told to stop by anex or rezel, i will. but i feel it quite clearly violates the above rule. perhaps the rule could be ammended to "in escape maps, the CT's must GET ON WITH IT!! staying back with the sole purpose of killing zombies is prohibited."
    But at box 3 everyone walks past the box so they shoot anyway how do we want to stop that then?

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    But at box 3 everyone walks past the box so they shoot anyway how do we want to stop that then?
    i watch, warn, then slay.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Added, just to make sure.

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

New Map Specific Rule:

Map: ze_Paranoid_Ultimate_v10_4
    Rule: Do no shoot starter zombie(s) in the cage
    Reason: Depending on the zombie, they can kill the starter zombie(s) and/or diminish their health to where they are easy kills when going through the maze and before they tag others.
    Last edited by Chef C Green; 04-07-2012 at 11:59 PM.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"