Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Zm Rules v3.1

1. Default

We are definitely going to have to look over that particular rule Rosie, As some of the sizes of the vents are different. As to how to word that, lets see if we can refine it down more so it makes less trouble for the admins and the players in terms of its clarification.

Rezel<ibis>: i'll make a self reliant artificial intelligence to deal with admins... I'll call it maynard 1.0 a exact replica of his personality to kick the shit out of bad admins..
    maynard<ibis>: an army of AI maynards.... this pleases me.

Okay, maybe it is just all the other zombie servers I have played on, but if a spot is a crouch spot with only one way to get to it, even if it does not look like a vent, it is vent like in how it works, so rules that apply to vents would apply to that spot. If that is how it works here, then on the map pulse_templeofdoom, there is a platform that can only be reached by a narrow ledge against a wall, but the entire thing is a crouch spot, the platform and the ledge. Zombies can reach players that get too close to the edge of the platform, but providing people are not stupid, 3 people can sit on the platform fine, and this would go against the rules for vents. So would the 2 person rule apply for these spots, it is already hard enough to get to them because it is actually harder than a vent, you can fall off into water, so trains are a lot harder. Plus the humans can see the zombies clearly as they jump their way up to get to that ledge on the wall.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
    Okay, maybe it is just all the other zombie servers I have played on, but if a spot is a crouch spot with only one way to get to it, even if it does not look like a vent, it is vent like in how it works, so rules that apply to vents would apply to that spot. If that is how it works here, then on the map pulse_templeofdoom, there is a platform that can only be reached by a narrow ledge against a wall, but the entire thing is a crouch spot, the platform and the ledge. Zombies can reach players that get too close to the edge of the platform, but providing people are not stupid, 3 people can sit on the platform fine, and this would go against the rules for vents. So would the 2 person rule apply for these spots, it is already hard enough to get to them because it is actually harder than a vent, you can fall off into water, so trains are a lot harder. Plus the humans can see the zombies clearly as they jump their way up to get to that ledge on the wall.
    that spot never survives. never. besides, creative zombies will have a poison stand on another's head in the water and jump straight up
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

i want a clarification on what a vent spot is. im pretty sure it does not have to look like a vent to be considered a vent spot, but maybe thats asking too much.

vent = crouch spot with usually a narrow 1-2 person opening

so if a spot allows humans to move around on the inside while standing but the opening requires crouching, how many are allowed inside. i would assume only 2 still. but thats just me. people are taking advantage of spots like that because they are not technically vents but have the same properties of a vent.

the map that was just played with an abused spot like this was on toxic west, 6-8 people are in a little shack with the only opening a crouch area wide enough for 2 zombies, but trying to get even one training into the shack was impossible. and i know there is far too many people for spots like that when a 12k deformed (alpha zombie) could not even get in while mouse wheel jumping and trained by other zombies. WT was on, an admin and did nothing, so obviously im the only one that thinks crouch spots need to be treated just like vents, because they are the same essentially.
    Last edited by slipstream; 08-30-2011 at 11:34 AM.

5. Default

not really cause once you can manage to get it, all you have to do is stand up and run

I guess you missed the part where i said I WAS THE ALPHA ZOMBIE WITH 12K HP AND COULD NOT GET IN WHILE BEING TRAINED BY OTHER ZOMBIES AND JUMPING. With 8 people in there, 4 against the wall, and then 4 stacked on their heads, it is impossible for any amount of zombies to get in. That was proven on several rounds.

7. Default

sorry i did not really read that, but yes that is for the event of 8 people. 8 guns hitting you will take away all of a deformed's health as they do not get knockedback, so it can be a continuous stream of headshots from 8 guns.(however i have seen places like that been killed, it is not impossible, if you are fast enough standing up and running.) If that spot had 2 people in it, then it would never work unless the zombies were complete retards. beside if you can get that many people in there without someone fucking up or alpha spawning in there, you do kinda deserve it. However, i do think that places like the stage on highschool, where it is a entrance to a larger crouch spot, that we should limit the number of zombies.

even though there usually are a lot of stupid people online, you shouldnt take that into consideration. if there is 8 people in a room that they can run around in normally, but the only way to get in is a crouch opening 2 people wide, no zombie is going to get in if everyone is playing properly. obviously if you have a couple stupid people in the room, someone might go look out through that crouch opening for zombies and get infected, or someone of the 8 might turn into a zombie, but neither case will happen often enough to make spots like that completely unfair and almost impossible to get into even with an alpha deformed.

9. Default

Zombie mod Rules 1.7 Linked from original zm section to rules so that its easier to find.

Rezel<ibis>: i'll make a self reliant artificial intelligence to deal with admins... I'll call it maynard 1.0 a exact replica of his personality to kick the shit out of bad admins..
    maynard<ibis>: an army of AI maynards.... this pleases me.

10. Default

Pl@Y as a deformed, try again an quit ur bitch'n

moral of the (short) story; no matter what the scenario with vent campers, they can be taken down in one way or another. its not as impossible as ppl make it out to be

ok bye
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: google chrome ;z
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: iv only heard bad stuff about it
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: its just my default for opening links
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: i use opera
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: u use a black woman?
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: opera is a search engine you noob
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: o ..... XD

†Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: ..
    †Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: excuse me while i go eat an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I don't speak retard... try again some other time.
    aNex <ibis>: Oi, cunt
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: haii
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: um... cock
    aNex <ibis>: HA!
    aNex <ibis>: You have no cum back
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: IF I WANTED MY CUMBACK ID HAVE WHIPED IT OFF UR MOMS CHIN
    aNex <ibis>: OH SNAP
    aNex <ibis>: I've never heard that before
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: EXACTLY U SAY NOTHING
    aNex <ibis>: You have legitmatley made my day
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: xD

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    U know I'm always right. and deep down everyone knows it although admitting it is the second thing.