Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1

1. Default

Agreed ^. Although with say more than 4 humans in the vent is very overpowered and damn near impossible to break through, it would be more trouble to enforce a human limit. I do say that we should not allow cading EITHER side of the vents.

2. Default

Well with this, this not a vent spot, it's a crawl spot. If zombies work together as a deformed crew, I do not see a problem. Just people rather be that cheap predator or fast zombie class with lower hp status than deformed.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    Well with this, this not a vent spot, it's a crawl spot. If zombies work together as a deformed crew, I do not see a problem. Just people rather be that cheap predator or fast zombie class with lower hp status than deformed.
    don't get pedantic on us phil. it is a vent. that's the same thing. or at least, it has always been considered the same thing since we put down specific cading rules. if there is a different definition now, we should update the rules post to reflect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

There's a huge difference between a vent and a crawl spot. A vent is single-file and since humans can't shoot through each other (technically they can with an m249 but it weakens the bullets a lot), it makes sense to limit how many people can be in a vent. A crawl spot is wider and can hold more people safely. The stage in HS and the computer in Miniature Room are both crawl spots but not vents. If they were treated as vents only two people could legally be in them at once because they only have one opening.

5. Default

My apologies, i was under the impression this was a crawl spot, not a vent spot.
    As stated, vent is a single player movement spot. This, more than 1 can move freely in 1 area.

6. Default

I'd like to add some input as a player who hates that map. It's a long tunnel with two entrances, neither of which are 2-person-limit crouch spots. I think of them as "double wide" crouch spots, meaning you can have, at most, 4 zombies assaulting it simultaneously (2 from each end).

Unless a special exception is made for this spot, the humans can entirely cade one entrance, and then they can cade half of the other entrance, without breaking any rules. However if all that cading was done, only 2 humans would be allowed to defend from zombies. Other humans could stay inside to maintain the integrity of the barricades, but they wouldn't be allowed to shoot the zombies. This is my interpretation of the rules as a player.

However if you've ever played this map you'll know that this is one of 3 or so spots that are viable to defend. The result is that 15 players tend to congregate inside the vent. Any props that find their way inside end up getting blown out by 15 hails of machine gun bullets. The counter against this is that if too many players go in at once, usually one of them becomes a zombie, scores lots of easy kills, and then the rest of the map turns into a hide-and-seek match looking for the couple of players who saw the clusterfuck and said "Fuck that" and ran somewhere else. Occasionally you'll see the last human hiding in the secret disco room, and then the following round 15 people go there.

It's really a terrible map, mostly because of the low number of viable spots. Someone should make a thread to have it removed.

7. Default

Nah..

Bio, while I agree that Snoopie is a terrible map, it will never be removed because rankwhores abuse it. If you want to post the remove thread, I'll support it all the way, but I really don't think it'll be removed.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a zambi View Post
    Bio, while I agree that Snoopie is a terrible map, it will never be removed because rankwhores abuse it. If you want to post the remove thread, I'll support it all the way, but I really don't think it'll be removed.
    You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Snoopie. IBIS stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each player is bound to this fate, this one doom. (He looks at them all and settles on Biodiversity, gesturing to him) Bring forth the post, Biodiversity.