Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG sues SONY

1. Default LG sues SONY

LG is suing SONY for sony infringing on LG patents regarding the blue ray player. PS3's are already being band in Europe at this point and if the court rules in favor of LG, LG will either end up getting paid out for every ps3 ever sold, or decide they want all PS3's bannd till new versions without the blue ray come out Lol

http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/114/1148415p1.html

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

seeing as I'm a 360 kinda guy, I find this quite funny.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

xbox fan or not... this is HUGE..
    not only will sony get screwed but all the other gaming company's who will no longer get income from ps3 game sales.
    Personal reform

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    xbox fan or not... this is HUGE..
    not only will sony get screwed but all the other gaming company's who will no longer get income from ps3 game sales.
    it'll be sony's fault for using patented things that they shoulnd't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

uhm WTF? Blu ray is a sony technology

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

This ban is def not happening.....
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

6. Default

^Ditto...

A company MUST license it's patents or lose them. At worse SONY and LG will come to a licensing agreement (previous sales compensated of coarse).

If LG loses.. they may be forced to pay a VERY hefty sum to SONY for damages.

4 Patents and suing SONY... They are either nuts or have rock solid evidence.

This stems back to the cell phone case.... Seems to me like they are trying to "bully" a way for cheaper licensing fees.

Everyone loses. EVERYONE.

On a side note, the patent system needs a LOT work...

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    uhm WTF? Blu ray is a sony technology
    No it isn't. They may have the highest stake in it as far as R&D ect, but it isn't theirs. It was a group effort. LG being part of it. Each manufacturer has it's own way's of dealing with the core tech and if it does not it pay's licensing fees to use another company's.
    Last edited by Steamer; 03-01-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

I still say if HD-DVD had won this wouldn't be a problem. But no, bluray sounded cooler.

Did anybody else buy an HD-DVD player when they first came out because they were cheaper than bluray and then like a month later had nothing to watch on it because it was ALL bluray? I was pissed.
    Last edited by dice; 03-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

8. Default

Does this mean i can make phone calls using my PS3?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    I still say if HD-DVD had won this wouldn't be a problem. But no, bluray sounded cooler.
    Higher quality laser. Higher capacity discs. "Future Proof".

Quote Originally Posted by Cry_Wolf View Post
    Does this mean i can make phone calls using my PS3?
    You could and can make VOIP calls with the PS3....
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Good, I got bitter at Sony since the homebrew scene.