Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LG sues SONY

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Either they win and LG makes big and Sony goes bankrupt
    No way in hell. This is normal shit... The only reason it made top news is because of the seizures.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I can get a 2TB Raided (0) and still have the performance of the solid state.
    I know it's not entirely on-topic, but I couldn't leave this alone. The only way to get 2 consumer mechanical drives to match SSDs in any benchmark is to put two 10k VelociRaptors in RAID-0, and that will get you close to the sequential write speed of a SandForce 1200-based SSD. This does not make it match the SSD with 4k random writes, where mechanical drives get trounced by SSDs. Additionally, RAID doesn't do anything whatsoever to bridge the gap in access times, which are typically 50-100x faster on an SSD. As for pricing, my 120GB drive (with the SF-1200 controller) was $180. It's not cheap, but I'm not poor either, and it's noticeably faster, so I'm happy.

That said, I don't think they'll be shipping games on solid state in any hurry, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see pretty much anything in 5 years. The electronics industry is remarkably agile.

3. Default

You can't match the performance of instantaneous I/O with any conventional drive array. Sorry, its not mathematically possible. Semi-related but totally OT to thread: http://www.youtube.com/embed/96dWOEa4Djs shows samsung employees building a dual-quad comp with 24 SSDs in RAID 0 with 6TB total capacity. The performance is scary. They call Paul an IT genius, but he's clearly retarded because he de-fragged an SSD. I want his job.

And it seems clear that one way or another SONY is about to get ripped a new asshole. They'll need a game changer to stay afloat, and thus MY bet is the next generation of playstation uses solid state. I'll put money behind that. $50 paypal. Takers?
    Last edited by dice; 03-04-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

4. Default

I will keep my 50$ thanks you.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones