Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Console Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Well I own a PS3. The only reason I bought it was because of the GTA game. Graphics are amazing, now im playing Metal Gear Solid 4 whch is amazing as well. The built in Blue-Ray is cool too. Everything is hooked up to my 40" HDTV along with my comp. I just download movies from the internet and play them directly on my tv.

PS3 has amazing games coming out soon too. If your a Star Wars fan like I am then you will want to play the upcoming Star Wars game thats coming out in September. The story takes place after 3rd movie and before the 4th movie. Its about Darth Vaders secret apprentice who is 10x more powerful then Darth Vader. It takes a stronger perspective on the Force. basically you can do stuff with the Force like you could never have done before.

also if you like Final Fantasy, they have 2 games coming out. One in December and one next year.
    PS3 has no games coming out. And The Star Wars game is out also for Xbox 360?

And yeah, I prefer the 360. I have a 360 Elite... the games on the 360 are better than PS3 games. PS3 has better graphics but they have no games. Live for PS3 is free but it's shit... compared to 360 Live. Also, I prefer the 360 Controller over the PS3 controller (Six-Axis). The Six Axis controller weighs like 1/10 of a pound and feels like cheap plastic. The dual shock is heavier and feels better but I still prefer the 360 Controller. The major difference (In my eyes) is that the 360 has better games then PS3.

FABLE 2 comes out October 21st. I'm going to pre-order the game and I'm gonna wait outside when it comes out. My favourite game of all time = Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Xbox Live is like 8.99 for 1 month or something and 59.99 for 1 year... I can't quite remember... but it is pretty cheap.

2. Default

yeah fable was a great game and i also cant wait for fable 2, but im really looking forward to Star Wars The Force Unleashed

<---big star wars fan

3. Default

I have only been to an arcade once.
    It was jam packed i only got to play some pin ball thing and play some motorcycle game that was it.
    Cool thing was, it was at a mall, so i just hung out with friends and ate and walked around.

It was fun well it lasted, i wanna go to one again.

DUDE fable rocks.
    I rather get Diablo 3 though looks HELLA awesome, i remember playing Diablo 2 and it took me 2-3 weeks to get to the second chapter it was insanely long.
    For the pc, i can't wait for the new Half life episodes, i have been reading, i guess they plan on continuing the story line, and might come out with a Half Life 3 or something. Graphics look insane as well can't wait to play it.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

4. Default

Yo i got to say i love starwars also.
    -MBP

5. Default

Yep StarWars rocks... cant wait for Diablo 3 either (though we have what a year maybe two)... also wondering if anyone here is planning on buying "Left 4 Dead"!?! Got my pre order done today...

6. Default

Dude Left 4 Dead looks sick, sadly i can't get a pre order thing.
    I guess i will have to wait till the "Need/Want" for the game dies down.

Also when are they updated source? Or did they? because i heard they are updating source, but i have no clue when.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

7. Default

Diablo3 and starcraft 2 are totally going to make me come when they come out.
    -MBP

8. Default

In terms of Quality games and 3rd party liscensing, the consoles are as follows

ps3 < wii < xbox360

The 360 basically has a liscensing monopoly. Especially considering the next Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are coming to the 360. GTA4 came out for the 360 at the same time as ps3. Xbox's online service is better and more stable (which is why they charge a monthly fee).

But in all honesty PC > all cuz pretty much every game that comes out on a console comes out on pc as well. You can use 360 controller on the pc now, you have more options regarding video quality. I dunno about the ps3 but the wii and 360 and all consoles before it render the graphics at no higher than 800x600 resolution without hd.

As for expensive HD tv's. Goto gamestop or walmart or something. Buy the adapter that allows you to hook the 360 up to your LCD monitor you use for your comp. Goto console options and change the resolution to the reccomended for your LCD and see how HUGE the changes to video quality are.

Edit: I think the adapter works with CRT monitors as well but the only CRT monitors I've seen the cables that come with it cannot be removed by conventional methods so there's no actual way to hook it up to it. But I havent bought a new CRT in over 6 years so I cant be sure.

9. Default

What i want to do is get a flat screen and hook my computer up to it but also have my cable TV on it. Ill keep the monitor on my desk, but i want to have the choice of switching to the flat screen on the wall behind my computer. Anyone want to post good links that would give me the ability to do this.
    -MBP

10. Default

we (my clan) actually had a pretty good topic on it because i wanted to hook up my wii to my monitor in res so i dont hafta find a tv.
    http://forums.foca-cs.com/index.php?...0&#entry196214
    check it out and hopefully you can find something you like