Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Console Systems

1. Default Console Systems

My brother recently gave me his Xbox as he can play it anymore because his job takes up so much time. He gave me a stack of games. Now me being a computer guy and not knowing anything about Console Systems, i would like to know the difference between the Xbox and the Xbox 360.. all my friends are like "Dude Joe you need to get an xbox 360 so you can play Command And Concour With All Of Us And Halo 3" thing is i heard you have to pay just for Xbox Live... i don't feel like paying enless its cheap.
    My friend owns a ps3, i love the ps3 first game i played on it was Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, awesome game FTW. Though the ps3 is huge.. youd think it would be small and uber. but oh well.
    Can anyone answer my question though?
    And if if xbox live is cheap, should i get it?
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

2. Default

lol i dont know shit about consoles as i dont play games on the consoles, unless im at a friends house. but "what's the difference between the xbox and the 360?" thats like asking whats the difference between m&m's and steak<----lol wtf anyway..........

So to start with a high def TV has far more capability to show detail. Of course, a game has to be *coded* to take advantage of that ability. As we know with the original XBox, you could have the exact same XBox, the exact same screen, and two games would look far different from each other. Great programmers (like the HALO team) could make amazing graphics, while other programmers (ahem, we'll not name names) make really pitiful looking games. So the only way to compare fairly is to have a really good graphic coding team make the exact same game for both systems.

We luckily have that situation with Gun. I really liked the graphics and horse animations on the base XBox, so when we got the XBox 360 we got it for that as well. You can get the exact same screen on both systems and then just toggle between the two inputs, to see exactly how they compare.

First, as you might imagine, the level of detail is amazingly better on the XBox 360. You can see the bullet detail on his belt, the fringe on his tunic, the grain of the wood planks, the ripples and undercurrents in the water. The fire is smoky and wispy, the gorgeous orange sunset practically glows. You can see in windows on the 360 that were just 'dark' on the XBox.

In general, the entire game is FAR crisper and brighter on the XBox 360. The mountains glow and have wispy fog, with gentle moss at their base. The character and horse movements are smooth and in some situations are photo-realistic in how they run or turn.

Even more interesting, your "field of vision" is wider on the XBox 360. You can literally see further to your left and right when you look at a scene. This gives you a great advantage when you're in any combat situation, being able to take in more of the situation.

also you could have just googled the situation

3. Default

I do notice the graphics on the xbox i have suck arse.
    I was playing "The Warriors" also a really awesome movie, anyways i was playing that game and it was really really dark, even with streetlights on in the game, barely gave off any light.
    Sometimes the animation is glitchy and weird to i noticed.

Well i could have but i thought why not get some suggestions and answers from IBIS members for the heck of it.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96

4. Default

difference between x-box and x-box 360 is like:

windows 95 vs windows xp.

simple as that

5. Default

Ahh alright i get it now.
    Xbox-360 is alot better.

But now my final question is... should i get xbox live... how much is it anyway, people have told me many many differnt numbers.

9$ a moneth, 15$ a month.. 90$ a year.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce View Post
    Xbox-360 is alot better.

But now my final question is... should i get xbox live... how much is it anyway, people have told me many many differnt numbers.

Why dont you go to the xbox website, they will answer all your questions.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post
    omg dude, are you for realz a surgeon and emt? can you sign my chest? get a fuckin room
    truth of the matter is this... cujos hands can jerk me off

8. Default

DUH... wow never thought about going to the Xbox website.
    Thanks for the help though.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce View Post
    Xbox-360 is alot better.

you buy the 12 months for like 50 bucks I Think.

10. Default

Sell dat shit and upgrade your computer!
    -MBP