Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ranking System

1. Default

Which is rediculous. Its just unrealistic. Sure if you're on a roll it can be done. But say you go "cold" and some noob gets 2 lucky kills on you. That means you'd have to go 40-0 to compensate for it. When does that EVER happen?

2. Default

Posting this just to demonstrate how asinine the formula that determines rank is. This was from a session I had earlier today.

Aug 31st @ 14:41 - 16:18 Playing Time: 01:37:49 Kills: 138 Deaths: 46 Headshots: 74 Headshot %: 53.62% Accuracy: 46.24% Current Skill Points: 2226.03 Change of score: -8.74

A 3.0 KDR with over half my kills a result of headshots. My current KDR overall is 2.37, much lower than what I had in the session. I don't necessarily care about the ranks but this makes no sense. Basically it rewards newbs on some weird concept that good players should never ever die to a newb, and if you do die to one, well, fuck you because you're not good anymore and that idiot with the auto shotty on the other side of the room proved it.
    Last edited by dutch; 08-31-2008 at 04:25 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    Posting this just to demonstrate how asinine the formula that determines rank is. This was from a session I had earlier today.

Aug 31st @ 14:41 - 16:18 Playing Time: 01:37:49 Kills: 138 Deaths: 46 Headshots: 74 Headshot %: 53.62% Accuracy: 46.24% Current Skill Points: 2226.03 Change of score: -8.74

A 3.0 KDR with over half my kills a result of headshots. My current KDR overall is 2.37, much lower than what I had in the session. I don't necessarily care about the ranks but this makes no sense. Basically it rewards newbs on some weird concept that good players should never ever die to a newb, and if you do die to one, well, fuck you because you're not good anymore and that idiot with the auto shotty on the other side of the room proved it.
    Yeah you go on a killing rampage and that one noob camping in the corner fuck your stats up. lol

4. Default

Oh I think I should note that the gun used is important. Using and awp will actually get you LESS skill points than the normal amount of getting any kill. Lets say you normally get just 1 point for killing an average ranked player: if you killed them with an awp you would get .9 points. If you killed them with a pistol you would get like 1.8 points ect ect.

5. Default

Here are the weapon weights (actual values)
    awp +m4+ak+all rifles 1.00
    DE 1.2
    Duiles 1.4
    knife 2.00
    nade 1.8 ->yes warm up counts!
    other nades: 5.00 ->serious business
    smgs 1.2-1.5
    shotguns 1.1
    scout 1.1
    auto snipes .9

6. Default

Would it be a correct assumption to say that being killed by certain weapons detracts from your skill level in addition to who you're being killed by?

7. Default

Knife kills should have more points.(not during work up rounds).If the new ranking system is to be consider better, then you should not obtain any points during a warm up round.

8. Default

WHAT NADE ROUND COUNTS!?! I would have liked to have known this maybe a year ago!
    -MBP

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    WHAT NADE ROUND COUNTS!?! I would have liked to have known this maybe a year ago!
    I don't thing nade round counts now.

10. Default

doesn't time away from the server subtract?